•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By sabre_chilli
Membership Days
Apologies if this is a repost but after a quick search I didn't find anything matching. I wanted to post it before I forgot about it.

This is a very, very special site full of some absolute wankers and a few people that could go in for the COTD award.

http://biased-bbc.com

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
sabre_chilli wrote:Apologies if this is a repost but after a quick search I didn't find anything matching. I wanted to post it before I forgot about it.

This is a very, very special site full of some absolute wankers and a few people that could go in for the COTD award.

The man behind it is David Vance. A member of Traditional Unionist Voice who stood for them in the General Election in East Belfast (the same seat that Peter Robinson got chucked out of) and also in last year's NI Assembly Elections. Caused a storm when in 2010 on the Gaza Flotilla blockade by Israel, said on Twitter that he hoped Israel would "deal with" an Irish registered boat with "no messing about". He runs a blog called "A Tangled Web" which as a result of his Twitter comments saw his hosting suspended under the ToS covering hate speech, though it's still running with a new host I believe. A very nasty, vindictive spiteful bigot, and I don't say that lightly. Thankfully his general influence in NI politics is minimal and his blogs and writings are pretty much an echo chamber.
By sabre_chilli
Membership Days
spoonman wrote:
sabre_chilli wrote:Apologies if this is a repost but after a quick search I didn't find anything matching. I wanted to post it before I forgot about it.

The man behind it is David Vance. A member of Traditional Unionist Voice who stood for them in the General Election in East Belfast (the same seat that Peter Robinson got chucked out of) and also in last year's NI Assembly Elections. Caused a storm when in 2010 on the Gaza Flotilla blockade by Israel, said on Twitter that he hoped Israel would "deal with" an Irish registered boat with "no messing about". He runs a blog called "A Tangled Web" which as a result of his Twitter comments saw his hosting suspended under the ToS covering hate speech, though it's still running with a new host I believe. A very nasty, vindictive spiteful bigot, and I don't say that lightly. Thankfully his general influence in NI politics is minimal and his blogs and writings are pretty much an echo chamber.
Sounds like a very nasty piece of work. I had a quick Google of his name and noticed his tangled web blog is listed quite high in the results. I might have a goosey later, though I'm already wound up from reading some of the comments and articles on biased BBC.

Just thinking, it must be horrendous to live a life of hatred and angst as the people that spout this stuff seem to.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
sabre_chilli wrote:
spoonman wrote:

Sounds like a very nasty piece of work. I had a quick Google of his name and noticed his tangled web blog is listed quite high in the results. I might have a goosey later, though I'm already wound up from reading some of the comments and articles on biased BBC.

Just thinking, it must be horrendous to live a life of hatred and angst as the people that spout this stuff seem to.
Put it this way, anyone aligning themselves with TUV should have a health warning attached to them.
Then again UKIP did form an alliance of sorts with them once.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
The activists who are still fighting Brexit

Theresa May is facing calls to spell out what she wants from the next round of Brexit negotiations.

But these four people believe remaining in the EU is still the best option, and have dedicated their lives to stopping Brexit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4290946 ... ing-brexit

This seems text seems to be one sided, why use the pejorative word 'still' The polls seem to be shifting toward remain. Just remove the word 'still' it would seem a lot more balanced.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
47% of the population are C2DE. I suspect the maximum reach will be for BBC1 (and ITV), and these groups watch more television than ABC1. So ABC1 are probably watching BBC2, BBC4 and assorted satellite channels.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Average BBC viewer is a 62 year old C2DE. Never forget that. They aim at that audience.
Granted, it is a fair while since I have been knee-deep in BARB data but that doesn't either make sense or ring true.

A respondent can be a C2, a D or an E but not all three. Similarly, you can't be 62. You can be 55-64 but that is as granular as it gets with BARB data.

And what is a BBC viewer? Any station at any given time or the average/total hours viewed across the network?

If you take all the hours viewed over a given period, divide that by all the viewers and then record their age, I doubt that the median would be at the upper end 55-64 when the average in the UK is 40 at current estimates.

Again, I will readily admit to being off the pace on this but I always believed that BBC commissioning was based on Tribes and, when it comes to peak, upon sheer share of audience, (which is utterly meaningless but a currency with which to justify just about any decision you care to mention.)

These averages/medians need to be treated with caution. The average of potatoes is chips (possibly) and the median of light is green but neither of these "facts" actually has any real bearing.

I would be interested to see some sources for these assertions.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:41 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Average BBC viewer is a 62 year old C2DE. Never forget that. They aim at that audience.
So what do the ABC1s watch? Fucking Sky? Netflix?
You have to understand the precise meaning(s) of "Average".

For example: "On average, humans have fewer than two legs".
Boris Johnson

Ripped the timetable out of his hands and shoved[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

As if to drive home the point. I was in Cork for […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Basically the GFA is the single greatest achieveme[…]