Topics about the BBC
:sunglasses: 51.4 % ❤ 2.9 % :thumbsup: 8.6 % 😯 5.7 % :grinning: 20 % 🙏 5.7 % :cry: 5.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:05 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm
Boiler wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:14 pm
New BBC director-general tells staff to work elsewhere if they want to share opinions online or in columns

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/new-bbc- ... n-columns/
Bad news for Andrew Neil - or do "one of us" types get a pass?
I think we know the answer to that. He'll be a journalist freelancer or something.
So basically "Gary Lineker - stop tweeting"

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Geoff Never on the telly Norcott has expressed his thoughts on the issue.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/spare- ... acist-nor/
Tuesday was an odd day. The new BBC director general reportedly suggested there should be a bit more balance in their political comedy and the Left went a bit mad. Many prophesised the imminent return of Jim Davidson. He was trending above all other comics mentioned in connection with the story. That’s Jim Davidson, who hasn’t had his own show on the Beeb for a quarter of a century, and was now thought likely to trade bantz with Dara on Mock the Week.

The thing about Davidson was – barring a couple of forays – his comedy was rarely directly political. What the left mean is. "He’s a bigot who voted Conservative, therefore any future attempt at humour by the right must be an attack on disabled people and minorities." Consequently, some speculated that a comic like me might consider doing blackface. I moved to reassure them I had no plans to do that. I leave blackface to the other right-wing comics like Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman and Justin Trudeau.

And for further reassurance, the only disabilities I find funny are the ones my parents had.

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:05 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Bad news for Andrew Neil - or do "one of us" types get a pass?
I think we know the answer to that. He'll be a journalist freelancer or something.
So basically "Gary Lineker - stop tweeting"
If Lineker too is a freelancer under contract, do the same rules apply? I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

By KevS
Apparently Lineker is exempt from the rules.

And so the Telegraph mark this by putting on the front page the smuggest photo they can find of him, as if he's saying "Ha! Bad luck, gammon!"

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 am
Apparently Lineker is exempt from the rules.
From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758
Lineker's new salary will be published on next year's list. Director general Tim Davie told reporters: "Gary Lineker has signed up to a new five-year contract saving a quarter over his last contract."

Mr Davie described the former England player as a brilliant broadcaster and said his new deal was a great example of the "best talent and the best value".

"And before you ask, Gary knows his responsibility to the BBC in terms of his use of social media," Mr Davie added, referring to social media rules for BBC staff and presenters that are expected to be announced soon.

Lineker, a prolific tweeter who frequently discusses his political views online, sent a message to "the haters" on Twitter.
Cyclist liked this

By AOB
As a presenter, Lineker is very good, in my opinion. He gets the balance spot on with regards to a sense of occasion for live events, he doesn't get melodramatic or go overboard like presenters on Sky often do. If he left the BBC I'd guess he'd just work the Premier League broadcasts at BT as well as the European ones he currently does.
US election 2020

Trump isn't invincible Boiler.

"disrupt the nuclear family" Is this […]

Boris Johnson

Spotted elsewhere. https://youtu.be/x_Cizl7ifkA

Labour, Generally.

You need money to win elections. The days of union[…]