•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
"Nyah, nyah , nyah. Them Labours are just getting their excuses in early because them so-called nasty medias are are ganging up on them."

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Electoral Commission following the antics of the Maid of Milngavie this afternoon.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 20.46.22.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 20.46.22.png (68.24 KiB) Viewed 921 times

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Ignore me, I am just shit-posting and trying to play down the victory that Mister Johnson "so deserves."

If this was happening in the DRC or rural Turkey, there would be global outrage. This is a failed-state broadcaster making eyes at Murdoch before the inevitable takeover.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If there was a cunning plan by the Tories in 2010 to denigrate trust in the BBC’s news output so those who defend the corporation no longer will its worked. The main problem is the licence fee can be used as a tool for an unscrupulous executive to exert its influence. Always has been to some degree but not to this extent.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Ignore me, I am just shit-posting and trying to play down the victory that Mister Johnson "so deserves."

If this was happening in the DRC or rural Turkey, there would be global outrage. This is a failed-state broadcaster making eyes at Murdoch before the inevitable takeover.
She's talking about what the Tories are saying there isn't she?

Also that Zippy account is dodgy.

By Boiler
Usual bollocks about the BBC being a state propaganda machine since 1922 and that's why it was created.

Fucking. Cack.

It was created to sell wireless sets initially - look up "The Big Six". Also, if it was an instrument of propaganda, how come it told Churchill to fuck off and mind his own business during the General Strike?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Zippy might or not be dodgy. Unless James Cleverly has been moonlighting, s/he didn't put words in the reporter's mouth.

This is editorialisation, rather than reportage.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:17 pm
It was created to sell wireless sets initially - look up "The Big Six".

On a similar theme Ken Burns tells the tale of how Country music’s popularity began through the Grande Ole Oprey radio show by happy accident. A Nashville insurance company had a quirky idea of setting up a radio station with the sole purpose of marketing its brand name to its mainly rural and blue collar target markets. Zero interest in musical output as long as it was cheap https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... nnings1933

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Our Stockholm Correspondent wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:17 pm
Fucking. Cack.
I am 30+ years in to defending the BBC in advertising agencies that you will have heard of and was part in the consultation process for Charter Review in the early 90s. Never have we witnessed anything as egregious as this and the past few weeks' output.

Mate, your employer is a fraud, it is complicit and is mugging off its donors.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Zippy might or not be dodgy. Unless James Cleverly has been moonlighting, s/he didn't put words in the reporter's mouth.

This is editorialisation, rather than reportage.
I really didn't understand it as that. I heard her talking about what the Tories were wanting to make the campaign about.

Zippy isn't the issue here, I know, and I'm not having a go at you. But it's worth flagging him up.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Yes it is and having listened to the clip it's quite clear she was paraphrasing what the Tories were thinking. As for Laura K a lot of the crticism does feel OTT I'm not denying she has made mistakes but at times it feels like it's exclusively her at fault for example Robert Peston also repeated the Tory puched claim and yet I notice he didn't get any where the level of opprobium that Laura K got.
Boiler liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
You may not agree with the political viewpoint of those doing the citing. But, if their points are reasoned and evidenced, they should be listened to and the appropriate action taken.

That is how truth and fairness work.
spoonman liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 am
Yes it is and having listened to the clip it's quite clear she was paraphrasing what the Tories were thinking. As for Laura K a lot of the crticism does feel OTT I'm not denying she has made mistakes but at times it feels like it's exclusively her at fault for example Robert Peston also repeated the Tory puched claim and yet I notice he didn't get any where the level of opprobium that Laura K got.
Peston has one strike during the campaign.
He's kept his nose pretty clean since the News of the World phone-hacking scandal.

By contrast, Laura K has spent a couple of weeks echoing "Senior conservative sources" without the safety net of secondary verification.

'Disrespect' cries the man using his daughter as a[…]

Richard Littlejohn

For context. We, as children, grew up with food po[…]

The Tories, Generally

Tory Britain Homelessness: Rough sleeping five[…]

Meanwhile in America

What is it about BAME people that makes white Amer[…]