Topics about the BBC
:sunglasses: 51.4 % ❤ 2.9 % :thumbsup: 8.6 % 😯 5.7 % :grinning: 20 % 🙏 5.7 % :cry: 5.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
AOB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm
BBC to focus more on Brexit-voting towns in overhaul of local news

Behind a paywall sorry but the text is (weirdly) on a youtube video here.

BBC4 basically getting shelved to become a subscription channel showing repeats to people outside the UK. Looks like the BBC will be a white van man "go to" for news (not much different to now, I suppose), and probably wall-to-wall shows of watching celebrities cooking stuff, the viewing public laps up that kind of shite, interspersed with EastEnders. I bet I'm not not too far off the mark, of things to come, reading between the lines.
BBC4 and Radio 4 were just about justifying the licence fee to me :frowning:
AOB liked this

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm
AOB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm
BBC to focus more on Brexit-voting towns in overhaul of local news

Behind a paywall sorry but the text is (weirdly) on a youtube video here.

BBC4 basically getting shelved to become a subscription channel showing repeats to people outside the UK. Looks like the BBC will be a white van man "go to" for news (not much different to now, I suppose), and probably wall-to-wall shows of watching celebrities cooking stuff, the viewing public laps up that kind of shite, interspersed with EastEnders. I bet I'm not not too far off the mark, of things to come, reading between the lines.
BBC4 and Radio 4 were just about justifying the licence fee to me :frowning:
Great. It's like a cheated-on wife going back to the man who treats her like shit because he's told her so often that she's worthless, she believes it. The BBC are so desperate to win over the demographic that will still hate them no matter how many repeats of Eastenders & Jim Davidson they show.

By AOB
Documentaries are moving to BBC2.
I expect dumbed down with celebs appearing to attract viewers. Like with media websites, it's not about quality, it's about numbers, viewers/clicks. BBC4 produced really decent music documentaries. That will be a thing of the past now.

By Kreuzberger
They are just playing whack-a-mole with Mailtlis, aren't they? What till they catch up with Emma Barnett and Bim Afolami, who she dismantled today at a molecular level.

By Oblomov
I'm glad James O'Brien came back to do Monday at least, he's probably cursing that the biggest scandal of modern times is unfolding on the week he's booked off for annual leave.

Will Maitlis have to make a grovelling on air apology for "improper conduct" or some guff to resume to her duties?
oboogie liked this

By The Red Arrow
I'll leave this here in the interests of continuity.

Threads. Excellent comeback from Oborne... :lol:

Bonus thread.
As if they really asked him.
He’s a giant arsehole. He’s another hypocrite he wants to get a Polish passport to be part of the EU but can’t pass the speaking Polish test. He was moaning about not being able to go to the beach in Wales the other day. Palant.

By Bones McCoy
youngian wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 am
I’ve been giving Emma B a go. Did a very good take down of the absurd Dan Hodges.
It has occurred to me that debating against Dan Hodges is like kicking the proverbial cripple in the face.

It's easy, nobody's stopping you but you wonder whether it's the right thing to do.
Priti Patel

It's not the one regarding a super-injunction conc[…]

US election 2020

"Establish permanent manned presence on the M[…]

Matthew Goodwin

Big Pat's pleased. https://twitter.com/patrickstu[…]

Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson condemned for ‘appalling&r[…]