Topics about the BBC
:sunglasses: 53.8 % ❤ 2.6 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 5.1 % :grinning: 17.9 % 🙏 5.1 % :cry: 5.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Comedy-Cockblocking, innit.

Put a few of that lot on air and ratings are non-existent. Still, job-done. It denies a platform to anyone who would give HMG a sound seeing-to.

By KevS
Two things.

With all this talk of right wing comedians, I present an extract from the diaries of Benny Hill:

“Went to showbiz party. Met Jim Davidson, a fine comedian and a gentleman. Talked to all three of them.”

Secondly, mention of Norfolk's own Mr Fry prompts me to reiterate his theory that for people to really appreciate the BBC should switch it off for a month.

But I'd go further.

Erase as much trace of the BBC as you possibly can for a month.

No radio or TV. No iplayer. No website.

Withdraw all BBC shows from streaming services. Close down YouTube Channel and all social media accounts.

Withdraw all BBC DVD's and digital downloads from sale. (a mite tricky, I concede).

Therefore, theoretically, the only BBC product available to people is that what they own already, as well as stuff uploaded to YouTube etc independently.

Then we'll see.
oboogie liked this

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
KevS wrote:Two things.

With all this talk of right wing comedians, I present an extract from the diaries of Benny Hill:

“Went to showbiz party. Met Jim Davidson, a fine comedian and a gentleman. Talked to all three of them.”

Secondly, mention of Norfolk's own Mr Fry prompts me to reiterate his theory that for people to really appreciate the BBC should switch it off for a month.

But I'd go further.

Erase as much trace of the BBC as you possibly can for a month.

No radio or TV. No iplayer. No website.

Withdraw all BBC shows from streaming services. Close down YouTube Channel and all social media accounts.

Withdraw all BBC DVD's and digital downloads from sale. (a mite tricky, I concede).

Therefore, theoretically, the only BBC product available to people is that what they own already, as well as stuff uploaded to YouTube etc independently.

Then we'll see.
I cancelled my TV licence back in December and to tell you the truth I haven't missed the BBC's output at all, not that I was really a heavy consumer in the first place. Never listened to the radio stations unless under duress (Radio 2 argh!), and never a fan of the BBC's entertainment output, or it's news content. It's main appeal to me was BBC4 and that channel is a shadow of its former self and probably not long for this world. I'm not saying the BBC doesn't provide an excellent service to some people, just not for me.

By MisterMuncher
They love being asked if they want positive discrimination and affirmative action. They also enjoy queries about how they've failed to make an impression in a free market, and now require state intervention to stay afloat.

By The Red Arrow
Fark me! Leading on from spinning as best they could Alex "Britain Trump" Johnson's dismal PMQ performance (in which they showed Starmer accusing him of multiple U-turns and Johnson counter-accusing about 'constant sniping and negativity' :roll: ) Beeb News at One trumpeted that the BBC has U-turned on the singing of Land of Hope and Glory at the Proms.

Edit: Boilsie quicker on the draw. :lol:
Labour, Generally.

A lot picking up on The Corebot's errant apostroph[…]

Boris Johnson

Inclined to agree myself, although "the malic[…]

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Every week she seems to be getting better. Ag[…]

Dover based haulage boss doesn’t take kindly[…]