Topics about the BBC
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
The Giant Claw wrote:The second reply I thought was plain rude, because it was.

To use a r/l example If I misplaced a book in a shop and someone came up to me, and without saying anything else, said ''Is there any reason this isn't in the history section?'' or whatever... You're damn right I'd think them a haughty wanker and it's the same on here, oboogie.
Nothing rude about that.
For all I knew there might have been a good reason that you'd started a new, obscurely named thread. There still might. However, instead of giving an explanation, you chose to spit the dummy and hurl abuse at those who dare to query it.
How very arrogant of you. Are you sure you're not a Tory? You certainly behave like one.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Killer Whale wrote:
oboogie wrote:Are you sure you're not a Tory? You certainly behave like one.
I don't normally get involved in these petty spats, but what the hell was the point of that? :?
I think The Giant Claw is very arrogant for calling Abernathy and myself "haughty wankers" for daring to ask him/her perfectly reasonable questions. That level of arrogance is a trait which I associate with Tories.
That's the point.

By The Giant Claw
Membership Days
lord_kobel wrote:I'd say that first one is pretty right wing...
Exactly. This is why I specifically said primary editors pick IE the one at the top. The others below are often reasonable which makes me think it's more them being shit scared of the tories and bias accusations than actually being right wing themselves.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Giant Claw wrote:Why should I cite examples? I'm an honorable person not some fucking tory who lies.
To be fair, it's never a bad idea to give an example of what you are talking about. Also, with that signature with no context to explain it, you could have been a tory troll...

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Killer Whale wrote:Maybe s/he's been lurking for a while and thinks that launching in with fists and boots flying is par for the course around here.
Some supporting evidence would have been helpful as Abernathy requested (and got called a haughty wanker for his sheer nerve).
We are expected to accept The Giant Claw's word without question.
Esqui, on the other hand, has now provided us with some evidence to the contrary, I know which approach I think is more reasonable and less arrogant.

By The Giant Claw
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:
Killer Whale wrote:
oboogie wrote:Are you sure you're not a Tory? You certainly behave like one.
I don't normally get involved in these petty spats, but what the hell was the point of that? :?
I think The Giant Claw is very arrogant for calling Abernathy and myself "haughty wankers" for daring to ask him/her perfectly reasonable questions. That level of arrogance is a trait which I associate with Tories.
That's the point.
Associating bad traits with Tories is no bad thing and a train of thought I can fully relate to.

I was wrong to post it. Sorry.

By The Giant Claw
Membership Days
lord_kobel wrote:
The Giant Claw wrote:Why should I cite examples? I'm an honorable person not some fucking tory who lies.
To be fair, it's never a bad idea to give an example of what you are talking about. Also, with that signature with no context to explain it, you could have been a tory troll...
Lol the sig is just making mock of the infamous and unchallenged line repeated by the coalition for almost all 2010/2011.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Well, well, well. What have we here? Is it another trolly troll troll? I do hope so.

And if not, have they not been able to come to grips with how this Interweb malarkey actually works? Or are the a social cripple in real life, too?

I think we should be told.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
The Giant Claw wrote:Associating bad traits with Tories is no bad thing and a train of thought I can fully relate to.

I was wrong to post it. Sorry.
No problem and thank you for the apology.
Please start again.
As you can see for the Biased BBC thread, we are quite open to the notion of right-wing bias in the BBC but it would help if you supported your statements with some linked examples.

Thanks

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
The Giant Claw wrote:
oboogie wrote:
Esqui, on the other hand, has now provided us with some evidence to the contrary, I know which approach I think is more reasonable and less arrogant.
No they haven't.
Yes he has @ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am.
Three examples which contradict your assertion.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Well, as I say, the first one kinda does show what Claw was saying, but then, 1 out of 3 isn't really that strong of an arguement, although if he was specifically referring to the very top comment on a story, his point holds up, but that's getting very specific...

I'd say as long as all of the picks weren't saying the same right wing crap, it's not really that much of a noticable issue...
Roll Call

Last week I posted that I received the most beauti[…]

Rishi Sunak

Now you mention it, I've never seen them togethe[…]

Boris Johnson

I think it's safe to say that Labour backed him fo[…]

C**t of the day

I'd say that if he keeps this up, he's going to […]