•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Screenshot_20200817-134530_Firefox_1.png
Screenshot_20200817-134530_Firefox_1.png (60.25 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
Now, no harm to Scarlett whom any time I've seen her before comes across as a nice enough woman, but jesus bloody christ!

Edit: Dara deleted the tweet, presumably to help stop fanning the flames of rage towards Ms. Moffat, so I've added a screenshot of the original.
Last edited by spoonman on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm assuming that the Tweet, now deleted, referred to Dara Ó Briain's 'Stargazing' being cancelled and Scarlett Moffatt being paid to make a podcast in which she questions the veracity of the moon landings? Thus illustrating the continual dumbing down of the BBC.

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 am
Please tell me this is one of those lockdown comedy shorts and not BBC breakfast news.

Takes me back to the days of the square, round and arched windows.

Now over to our foreign corespondents, Humpty and Jemima.

By Boiler
Christ, the muppets at BH have excelled themselves this morning. Having crashed out of the network split at 9.45, they lost the Daily Service (which upset me as I wanted the comfort of listening to it). Then someone decided routing the World Service to the LW transmitters was best.

And that's what we still have... do they not have redundant programme routers at BH any more?

By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:05 am
Christ, the muppets at BH have excelled themselves this morning. Having crashed out of the network split at 9.45, they lost the Daily Service (which upset me as I wanted the comfort of listening to it). Then someone decided routing the World Service to the LW transmitters was best.

And that's what we still have... do they not have redundant programme routers at BH any more?
I think I can map that to networking terms.
Hope I'm not too far off track.

If they have some or all their contributors broadcasting from home then that "hop" most certainly won't be redundant.
One would hope the point where they receive these signals is properly redundant, but I suspect a VPN failure would not be.

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:24 am
Boiler wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:05 am

I think I can map that to networking terms.
Hope I'm not too far off track.

If they have some or all their contributors broadcasting from home then that "hop" most certainly won't be redundant.
One would hope the point where they receive these signals is properly redundant, but I suspect a VPN failure would not be.
The Daily Service is most likely a pre-recorded item so I'd expect it to be sitting waiting on a playback server somewhere. Now, the fact they got announcements through continuity initially apologising for the problem suggested it was leaving BH and getting routed out to Droitwich (and CP, unless that's done with clever and I think it is) and someone subsequently managed to route the World Service to R4 LW. It's why it ran for at least five minutes into Woman's Hour I don't get.

Maybe an e-mail to the Duty Office is called for.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The caption under the top picture in this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... d-54551068
The primitive fish had a heavily-armoured head and could grow up to a meter long
Could they really grow as long as an instrument for measuring flow?
Labour, Generally.

I see someone's let Len out again https://twitter[…]

US election 2020

'misallocated' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]