•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fuck's sake.

Nobody is saying that there's a conspiracy to deflect attention from the mayoral elections. We all get that certain things can't be covered on the news today. We also get that there is space to fill and that for a lot of people the royal family are important and/or interesting.

What people are complaining about is the lack of initiative shown by BBC News 24 - they have a golden opportunity (and arguably the staff and budget) to cover big world news things, and instead focus on domestic and arguably trivial things (Phil's retirement aside).

And end of the day, it's ours, we pay for it, we have a right to complain about it. We know complaining on this board won't change a thing but it's a chance to vent. And it seems to be something a few of us want to vent about.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Oh and it's funny that people on here are getting annoyed at the BBC's sycophantic coverage of the Royals, When the BBC are going to air Charles III, a drama that features the Queen dying, Kate Middleton portrayed as a scheming Lady Macbeth and the ghost of Princess Diana making the odd cameo.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:It's been around for years in theatre form. I saw it at The Curve in Leicester a few years ago, Robert Powell played Charles; I quite enjoyed it
That's quite a relegation for the guy who once played Jesus.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Robert Powell turned down a Hollywood career following Jesus of Nazareth. I don't think he was piss head like Oliver Reed who'd miss his mates down the pub but he married a Pan's People; beautiful Babs. Can't remember her name though. (thanks to Ronnie Barker in Porridge for that one)

By Boiler
Meanwhile, in real life I see the part of the indignant Tory MP has been played by Andrew Bridgen. At least the BBC has provided a suitable response to his comments:
The BBC said: “The public know the difference between fact and fiction and King Charles III is a one-off BBC2 drama of the award-winning fictional play.”
Returning to some earlier point in the thread: did Sky have a moratorium on UK politics today?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:Meanwhile, in real life I see the part of the indignant Tory MP has been played by Andrew Bridgen. At least the BBC has provided a suitable response to his comments:
The BBC said: “The public know the difference between fact and fiction and King Charles III is a one-off BBC2 drama of the award-winning fictional play.”
Returning to some earlier point in the thread: did Sky have a moratorium on UK politics today?
There's a heavy clue in that title "King Charles III".
Even third quartile Kippers ought to guess it's not a history show.
Dominic Cummings

In the past when a prime minister stood by a minis[…]

Boris Johnson

Man of the people. Just not the little people. […]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

"I was saying Boo-ris."

The Tories, Generally

To be fair, he wasn't there though.