Topics about the BBC
:sunglasses: 50 % :grinning: 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Nafs
Membership Days Membership Days
Has anyone seen these message boards? It's full of paranoid Daily Mail types all agreeing with each other. Check out the "Is race case 'PC gone mad'?" debate. Just about all of them agree with each other, recommend each others posts but worse than that, they seem to completely disregard the seriousness of bullying. There seems to be a total lack of sympathy for the victims and the issue of racism is completely brushed aside. Now I wonder if the victim was white and the perpatrator was black if it would be so one - sided?

By Timmy O'Toole
I was surprised at the number of people who seem to disagree with the judge, I find this an alarming symptom of where this nation is heading. Visible racial characteristics are no different from visible physical differences, should I prosecute an ex neighbour for calling me a "Bald headed old g-t"? what about someone with a limp being called "gimpy"? what about the media calling a politician a "lame duck"? Have we forgottern the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"?

Ian Mcalister, dorking, United Kingdom
Racisim is the same as calling someone bald. Makes you want to bang your head against a wall doesn't it?

Still, I do actually agree that prosecuting a kid for racisim in the playground is a bit stupid. Let the school deal with it ffs.
By StanyeWest
The thing that scares me most is he said nigger and paki to an asian lad these weren't random mutterings he'd heard. How the fuck does a 10yr-old learn to be so rascist. nevermind though it's a shame so little can be done.
By Nafs
StanyeWest wrote:The thing that scares me most is he said nigger and paki to an asian lad these weren't random mutterings he'd heard. How the fuck does a 10yr-old learn to be so rascist. nevermind though it's a shame so little can be done.

And also why aren't they questioning schools inability generally to tackle bullying? Even if it is only verbal it's still bullying. The "Sticks and stones" thing is overused by too many people.

By buttgammon
Nafs wrote:
buttgammon wrote:I totally agree with you! I regularly visit the "Have Your Say" boards, and it is full of Daily Mail nutters. There is a thread about this on another website I go to where people try to find the most idiotic thing posted on that website. Perhaps we could try the same here.

Oooo you got a link???
http://chilled.cream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10936
By Moggie
Timmy O'Toole wrote:
I was surprised at the number of people who seem to disagree with the judge, I find this an alarming symptom of where this nation is heading. Visible racial characteristics are no different from visible physical differences, should I prosecute an ex neighbour for calling me a "Bald headed old g-t"? what about someone with a limp being called "gimpy"? what about the media calling a politician a "lame duck"? Have we forgottern the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"?

Ian Mcalister, dorking, United Kingdom
Racisim is the same as calling someone bald. Makes you want to bang your head against a wall doesn't it?
Ian Mcalister should stop dorking and start praying, because God's way of dealing with his ex-neighbour is to have him eaten by bears, as described in 2 Kings 2:23-24:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/2.html#23

I wonder whether being a bald git results in him being beaten up, passed over for jobs, paid less than people with hair, having his windows broken, graffiti being scrawled on his house, the BNP putting him in fear for his life... Yup, being called "baldy" is exactly the same as racism... :roll:
By Charles
buttgammon wrote:At least the messages on Yahoo aren't all anti-immigration:

wow, a totally cute and lovely east european babe serving in the bakers this morning !

hurrahhh for immigration
Apparently the UK is now such a soft touch that we are allowing untold numbers of people into the country who aren't even physically attractive.

Tomorrows Express

From the paper that stands for REAL VALUES: Cuteness, Loveliness, Bakeries.

NOW THE PC BRIGADE BANS OFFENDING UGLY PEOPLE
Your taxes go towards benefits for hideous foreign trolls
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Ho ho.

Labour, Generally.

For 'ordinary' read 'right kind of'. If Cor[…]

Richard Dawkins

Brilliant. Coruscating wit. Cartoon parody proves […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

An incompetent Orban is not an international reput[…]