•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Only one I've been close to being slightly impressed by has been Justine Greening at Transport.
satnav wrote:I think Clarke will soon be public enemy number one with Mail readers once they have digested this news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9049489/Motorists-to-be-hit-with-100-speeding-fines-to-support-victims.html

Excellent, another reason for Clarke to retain his title as My Favourite Tory. Granted, that's a bit like choosing your favourite STI, but still...
daveinbrum wrote:
satnav wrote:I think Clarke will soon be public enemy number one with Mail readers once they have digested this news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9049489/Motorists-to-be-hit-with-100-speeding-fines-to-support-victims.html

Excellent, another reason for Clarke to retain his title as My Favourite Tory. Granted, that's a bit like choosing your favourite STI, but still...

I'm waiting for the penny to drop regarding criminal compensation.
"It must have been traumatic suffering that unspeakable crime.
A person in your situation would normally be in line for a 6 figure payout.
But since you have 3 speeding points, you'll be getting Feckall!!"
Shapps on BBC news as I type, espousing his views on town centre regeneration. There's going to be a competition overseen by Mary Portas. Well whoop-de-fucking-do. "There's no sense of community when internet shopping - unlike a high street where you can can do exciting thngs like meet friends for a coffee." My adrenaline's pumping already.
The Red Arrow wrote:Shapps on BBC news as I type, espousing his views on town centre regeneration. There's going to be a competition overseen by Mary Portas. Well whoop-de-fucking-do. "There's no sense of community when internet shopping - unlike a high street where you can can do exciting thngs like meet friends for a coffee." My adrenaline's pumping already.

You can do all that shit at an out of town mall without getting rained on.
Messianic Trees wrote:Maria Miller, Minister for disabled people.

Jesus wept. There's another one who should be promptly joining the dole queue. I am fucking sick to the back teeth of seeing government ministers spouting blatantly inaccurate shit to the supine media, then promptly disappearing when they get called out on it (see Duncan Smith's bullshit about homelessness last month).
No-one reads corrections. They just need to dump the message, get the useful idiots at Sky and BBC News to report it (impartially, of course), their pals in the press to print it (with added inaccuracy and spin) and the job's done.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

It's the emphasis and tone that's objectionable, n[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]