Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Keep Britain Tidy logo is going to be changed from this:

to this:

Nothing to get angry about here, surely?

Wrong!
More government nanny-ism What's next?..... A sign to encourage one to have a bowel movement.

- Gordon, Sarnia, Canada, 16/12/2010 11:22
The "Green Tax" brain washing continues....

- 6397400UK, HADES, 16/12/2010 10:59
The newer bin has two prongs to denote the sides. This is going against health and safety. Has anyone investigated? Have any risk assesment forms been completed?

- Me, UK, 16/12/2010 11:16
Is nothing sacred any more? All this green rubbish. I must admit the more the shove this down my throat the more I feel about rebelling and not bothering to recycle.

Might I add that, for some years now, I have been meticulous about sorting out recyclable materials. However, it is often difficult to know which is recyclable and not. I think it should be law that all packaging is made of recyclable materials and that way we would know that we can put everything in the recycling bin.

- Liz M, London, 16/12/2010 10:44
The colour green apparently represents pure evil PC do-gooding nanny stuff.

By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:
Is nothing sacred any more? All this green rubbish. I must admit the more the shove this down my throat the more I feel about rebelling and not bothering to recycle.

Might I add that, for some years now, I have been meticulous about sorting out recyclable materials. However, it is often difficult to know which is recyclable and not. I think it should be law that all packaging is made of recyclable materials and that way we would know that we can put everything in the recycling bin.

- Liz M, London, 16/12/2010 10:44
The colour green apparently represents pure evil PC do-gooding nanny stuff.

really? the keep britain tidy logo? it isn't that nothing is sacred, it's that in your mind for some reason EVERYTHING is.

By Mr Mordon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
About time in my opinion. Always thought the origonal looked a bit odd, suggesting throwing rubbish in a bin could result in you being chopped in half.
Quote:
The "Green Tax" brain washing continues....

Give my best wishes to Cerberus, dickhead
Might I add that, for some years now, I have been meticulous about sorting out recyclable materials. However, it is often difficult to know which is recyclable and not. I think it should be law that all packaging is made of recyclable materials and that way we would know that we can put everything in the recycling bin.- Liz M, London, 16/12/2010 10:44
The chemistry of plastics ain't that simple Liz, sorry.

By Ninja Pirate
Membership Days
Well, the old one does look a bit odd, like the man in it has been nearly cut in half at the waist. A scenario in which putting my litter in the bin would be the last thing on my mind.

EDIT: Damn, Mr. Mordon had the same idea and got there faster D:
Don't be daft, Hades would kick the likes of you out, you whining sod. The dead heard enough of this shit when they were alive. Also, L2Greekmythology. Hades is not Hell.

By Ninja Pirate
Membership Days
The full extent of the stupidity of this comment has only just dawned on me:
More government nanny-ism What's next?..... A sign to encourage one to have a bowel movement.

It appears to have escaped this prize twunt that Keep Britain Tidy has had a sign for many years. In fact, this is what the fuss is about: that the old logo, which has been around a while, has changed, not that it's being introduced.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Ninja Pirate wrote:The full extent of the stupidity of this comment has only just dawned on me:

It appears to have escaped this prize twunt that Keep Britain Tidy has had a sign for many years. In fact, this is what the fuss is about: that the old logo, which has been around a while, has changed, not that it's being introduced.
Add this to the fact that he's in Canada anyway, so will be unaffected by this in any way whatsoever, and we have twunt²
Meanwhile in New Zealand

'The left is no longer liberal' is a terrific exam[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

"Polskedaddle" nearly caused a hernia.

The Mail's Front Page Headline

c.f. delaying A50 when, to everyone's surprise, Jo[…]

Peter Hitchens

https://i.redd.it/q67cudik87e21.jpg If the midd[…]