•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andrew Pierce - Fuckwit wrote:Proof positive of why Labour was so opposed to the legislation to reduce the number of MPs by 50 to 650 — legislation which was passed last week after peers sat for a record number of hours in the Lords. Wales, with a population of three million, has 40 MPs, of which 26 are Labour. In Wales they also have 60 members in the National Assembly.

Compare that to Massachusetts in the US, a similarly-sized region which governs itself admirably with only 10 elected representatives — and contains more than double the number of people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... s-act.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not to mention The Massachusetts General Court, the state legislature of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Which has 200 members in total. You fuckwit.

By Malcolm Armsteen
So the 12 Massachusetts representatives (2 senators, 10 Representatives - can't even get that right) 'govern' the state. Shows an incisive understanding of the US Federal Government system, does it not?

By Malcolm Armsteen
If Wales were a state of the USA it would send 2 Senators and 50 Representatives to Congress instead of the 40 MPs they send to Westminster...

By Tubby Isaacs
Your place for politicians is Sark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sark_gener ... tion,_2008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

28 members, out of a population of 600. And 29 candidates who didn't get elected.

The Barclay Brothers really are cunts, aren't they? Gee, they make you want Conrad Black back.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'm sure it would be possible to find a country with fewer politicians than Wales/Scotland. Still, seeing the right only think of America, that'll have to do.
Libya dosen't have many, and that's working out well

By Tubby Isaacs
I was assuming that the bit quoted here was merely the worst part of a longer article. I was amazed to see it was the whole article. It's Platell's Westminster standard.

It isn't just the left that opposes what's being proposed. Some Tories have noted how reducing backbenchers makes the executive more powerful.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Margaret Thatcher is twice the woman Meryl Streep could ever hope to be

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z1nf7N4KNc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The film is a disgrace and should not have been made until after her death. I wonder if it would have won an Oscar if Lady Thatcher had been cast in a positive light. Of course not. As for Streep, in her acceptance speech she did not once pay tribute (again) or even acknowledge the extraordinary life of the woman who delivered her a third Oscar. The least Streep could have done was wished her good health and happiness in her declining years but of course that might have upset the liberal luvvies at the awards ceremony.

Just like the script writers and directors of this abomination of a film the actress could not bring herself to utter one positive word about Margaret Thatcher. Her bad manners and lack of grace merely confirm the fact that Margaret Thatcher is twice the woman Meryl Street could ever hope to be.

By Abernathy
Hmm. I went to see the film and it didn't cast Thatch in a negative light in any respect whatsoever. In fact I was disappointed that they let her off so lightly.

As for Streep's "disrespectfulness", she said in her Bafta acceptance speech "The fate of the well-known is to be misunderstood. What The Iron Lady tried to do was to locate something real, or hidden, in the life of someone we've all decided we know all about already" - practically a case study in being non-committal and uncontroversial.

Seems that if you don't sing a 53 verse tribute to how Thatcher was the most bountiful goddess of greatness ever known, you're disrespectful.

Oh and Thatcher "delivered her(Streep) her third Oscar", did she? Nothing to do with Streep's widely acknowledged brilliant acting ability, then.

What A. Stupid. Cunt.

By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Pierce is a Friend of Margaret.
That sounds like it has the same connotations as the term "Friend of Dorothy".
It hasn't, has it?

It's not the tory rebels that make me shudder... […]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

Yep, all seems to work fine. The 'Outbox' folder a[…]

The Sun

Quite. Certainly Harry has rattled them.

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Co-incided conveniently with Britain's switch from[…]