Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By all grown up
Membership Days
#149198
There is uproar over this headline on quite a lot of other sites I go on, football boards, music boards etc. One of the football boards has a link to the PCC which loads of fans have emailed. This is going to be a real shitstorm for the mail. They can try and change the headline, but a picture of the initial headline is going round the net. This is bad, bad publicity.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
#149222
So if a kid got killed by a car whilst on his way to school today, I take it that in the Mail world that's the teachers' fault for selfishly going back to work?
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#149224
Fozzy wrote:So if a kid got killed by a car whilst on his way to school today, I take it that in the Mail world that's the teachers' fault for selfishly going back to work?

Swap out the word "Teacher" for "Jew" and you might get some real perspective on how the right-wing press truly operates. Am I being extreme? Try it with every single scapegoating story and haul me off to Gleis 13 if you disagree.
 
By SewerUrchin
Membership Days
#149239
I posted the link on facebook earlier. Unfortunately, one of my friends agrees with the jist of the article, and thinks the teachers should feel bad about it because it's their job to look after kids, and that should come before worrying about their pensions.
Fact of the matter is, teachers are responsible for your kids when they're in school. When not in school, for whatever reason, the responsibility lies with the parents. Are the DM going to blame the parents? Of course not. Because it was an ACCIDENT.
By J
Membership Days
#149246
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Each drip adds to the stalactite of intolerance, hatred and bile that the Mail creates to serve its own agenda, to create a society in the image of itself that will continue to buy and to click to further enrich AN and Dacre.

This is the greatest thing I've read in a good long while. Sincerely.
 
By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
#149256
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fozzy wrote:So if a kid got killed by a car whilst on his way to school today, I take it that in the Mail world that's the teachers' fault for selfishly going back to work?

Swap out the word "Teacher" for "Jew" and you might get some real perspective on how the right-wing press truly operates. Am I being extreme? Try it with every single scapegoating story and haul me off to Gleis 13 if you disagree.


Or insert the name Harvey Price ... and imagine the fallout.
 
By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
#149264
Evolution of the headline.
Girl, 13, crushed to death by a branch as she sat on a park bench after teachers went out on strike

Girl, 13, crushed to death by a branch as she sat on a park bench because teachers went out on strike


Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench on the day her teachers went out on strike."
Complaints had been made to the council about 'dangerous' tree

Tears for girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench
Complaints had been made to the council about 'dangerous' tree
 
By tonysk14
Membership Days
#149268
Arnold wrote:Evolution of the headline.
Girl, 13, crushed to death by a branch as she sat on a park bench after teachers went out on strike

Girl, 13, crushed to death by a branch as she sat on a park bench because teachers went out on strike


Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench on the day her teachers went out on strike."
Complaints had been made to the council about 'dangerous' tree

Tears for girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench
Complaints had been made to the council about 'dangerous' tree


But of course complaining about dangerous trees is "elf an safety gorn mad".
By CerealDave
Membership Days
#149291
The print version of the article makes just one small mention of the accident being on the same day as the teacher's strike.
 
By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
#149299
I did like this comment on the "Commie teachers murder your children with trees" story from the comments on Political Scrapbook

"There is no moral "u bend" this truly despicable paper will shy away from exploring un-gloved, then go on to make dinner without washing its hands. Nasty, nasty little mob orator."
 
By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
#151806
There's a depressing number of comments calling for the restoration of corporal punishment.

Then there's this cunt and the ten child abusers that agree with him.

makes u want to become a teacher so u can give them all the little toads a good kicking
- Phillip, Liverpool, 11/7/2011 18:37
Click to rate Rating 10


But it did cheer me up a little to see that our old friend is the worst rated for this gem
Typical moaning from teachers again, they want to try doing REAL WORK for a change. Teachers pay should be cut to encourage them to instill discipline.
- Roger, England, 11/7/2011 3:51
Click to rate Rating 225
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 9
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Fuckwits. It chimes in with Otto English's piece o[…]

Unfortunately it's pretty much a constant battle w[…]

The Trump Presidency

I mean...how did he manage to get nominated in t[…]

But that's all anyone has - the fact that of the p[…]