Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Migrationwatch are a lot like the Taxpayers' Alliance - a bunch of right wing agitators on a single issue mission, existing largely to provide information in the form of press releases to be churned by red tops and the MehXpress.

Their latest offering -

TAXPAYERS face a £1billion annual bill for the next 25 years to provide enough council houses for cash-strapped Britain’s soaring immigrant population...

is found to have rather dodgy foundations, according to fullfact.org
By Fflaps
Membership Days Posts
Why are they assuming all immigrants get and live in council houses? Not one single person from overseas that I personally know lives in a council house or is on housing benefit (admittedly most of them are pretty middle class, but not all of them). They all work - obviously, because as well as all being benefit bludgers they're also all taking our British jobs [/Daily Express]
By Paul
Membership Days Posts
I saw a headline today, MIGRANTS ROB YOUNG OF JOBS.

Utter cunts!

MIGRANTS SUPPORT PENSIONS OF AGEING BRITISH POPULATION

would be more like it!
By InkyGB
Membership Days
Paul wrote:I saw a headline today, MIGRANTS ROB YOUNG OF JOBS.

Utter cunts!

would be more like it!

Or MIGRANTS PICK FRUIT, CLEAN TOILETS AND POLISH FLOORS BECAUSE BRITISH YOUNG CAN'T BE ARSED TO.
By Gourami
Membership Days Posts
Paul wrote:I saw a headline today, MIGRANTS ROB YOUNG OF JOBS.

Utter cunts!

would be more like it!

I pointed that headline out to an acquaintance as I was so angry and wanted to know if other people could grasp quite why I felt like this. Perhaps I picked the wrong person but they failed to understand what my issue was. The word 'rob' implies malicious intent, perhaps even doing violence to another. It's pejorative - 'obtain gainful employment and pay their dues to society' is value-neutral. 'Rob' is not.

I also think the headline was changed during the day - earlier I think it spoke of 'our youth' being robbed but I've seen a version which dropped the 'our'.
By Big Rob
The fear of being ordered about by foreigners is what drives anti-immigration types, at least from what I have seen. There may be other motives however.... the astounding irony of British people not liking being ordered around by foreigners does not escape me....

The Daily Mail and its comments is good evidence that Britain should have high immigration. Mind you I cannot complain about Migration Watch too much. After all if foreign countries were to set up similar groups to warn of possible mailite emigration then who could complain?

By Lord Reason
Membership Days
Migration Watch do a great job of keeping the public informed of the Great Immigration Scandal. Whenever this BIG issue is debated in the media it's always good to hear from Sir Andrew Green as he cuts through the bullshit with facts and reason.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Lord Reason wrote:Migration Watch do a great job of keeping the public informed of the Great Immigration Scandal. Whenever this BIG issue is debated in the media it's always good to hear from Sir Andrew Green as he cuts through the bullshit with facts and reason.

But I thought we weren't allowed to talk about immigration? That's what we keep being told by the tabloids. Unless, of course, they're wrong?
By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Lord Reason wrote:Migration Watch do a great job of keeping the public informed of the Great Immigration Scandal. Whenever this BIG issue is debated in the media it's always good to hear from Sir Andrew Green as he cuts through the bullshit with facts and reason.

Seriously, what was the point of that? Everyone - left and right alike outside the tabloids - know Migrationwatch are a sack of horse shit pressure group, quick to threaten to sue anyone who criticises them but reluctant to follow through because most of the time the accusations are spot on. No one thinks they have much to add to any debate (and when Jonathan Aitken is praising you on quality, you know you're in serious trouble).

So unless you believe it, in which case you're an idiot, you've clearly bothered to type that load of backslapping rubbish about how great they are entirely to get a response. Why? Couldn't you have just called someone a twat and saved time? There's trolling, and there's inefficient trolling.
By Big Rob

Well as long as you live there, I am sure that you will do your darnedest to make the UK a shitty place to live.....

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts

Isn't he the one who reckoned kids with one foreign-born parent are immigrants and as such are to be included in the cost of immigration?

Such people include the heir to the throne.

By Lord Reason
Membership Days
crabcakes_windermere wrote:

Seriously, what was the point of that? Everyone - left and right alike outside the tabloids - know Migrationwatch are a sack of horse shit pressure group, quick to threaten to sue anyone who criticises them but reluctant to follow through because most of the time the accusations are spot on. No one thinks they have much to add to any debate (and when Jonathan Aitken is praising you on quality, you know you're in serious trouble).

So unless you believe it, in which case you're an idiot, you've clearly bothered to type that load of backslapping rubbish about how great they are entirely to get a response. Why? Couldn't you have just called someone a twat and saved time? There's trolling, and there's inefficient trolling.

Seriously, you must be joking? It's only in the Left-wing dream world that they are viewed like that. The New Improved Labour smears were just that. Smears.

By Ebon Badger
Membership Days
Tubby Isaacs wrote:So all their critics were New Labour? Funny, wiki cites a few academics who think they're shite.

Ah, but you're forgetting that all academics are marxist lentil knitters out to smash civilisation, they don't know what it's like in the real world, they don't know anything unlike the graduates from the university of life etc etc :wink:

Mayday: What Barnier’s words on Brexit mea[…]

SPOTY

Jim Davidson once described the Olympics as "[…]

Liz Jones

A calibrated (sic) attack on Jo Cox by a lady who […]

News you won't see on the BBC

Was chatting with an old friend today, and we wang[…]