Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
ezinra wrote:Do we really need a picture of a piece of concrete? I think I could have imagined it just fine.

Anyone else got a Lotus Eaters song lodged in their brain now?
Well I have now I've read your comment. First Picture of You, I bought that in the early 80s and I think I saw them supporting someone or other, was it Echo & the Bunnymen?

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
ezinra wrote:
oboogie wrote:I think I saw them supporting someone or other, was it Echo & the Bunnymen?
Were they as cool as that? First picture of you was a hit in France, so I assumed they must be naff. Or German.
I think they were pretty cool with the floppy raincoat brigade (there's a new one for the Mail!). I believe they were from Liverpool, which may be why I think I saw them with The Bunnymen. Is being a hit in France a guarantee of naffness? I'm sure you're wrong.

By Withnail Xtreme
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:
ezinra wrote:
oboogie wrote:I think I saw them supporting someone or other, was it Echo & the Bunnymen?
Were they as cool as that? First picture of you was a hit in France, so I assumed they must be naff. Or German.
I think they were pretty cool with the floppy raincoat brigade (there's a new one for the Mail!). I believe they were from Liverpool, which may be why I think I saw them with The Bunnymen. Is being a hit in France a guarantee of naffness? I'm sure you're wrong.
Echo and the Bunnymen were from Liverpool, as were The Mighty Wah!, Spear Of Destiny, Pete Burns (who later formed Dead Or Alive), and of course the unforgettable Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Nothing naff about decent music. Pity it all had to end.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Withnail Xtreme wrote:
oboogie wrote:I think they were pretty cool with the floppy raincoat brigade (there's a new one for the Mail!). I believe they were from Liverpool, which may be why I think I saw them with The Bunnymen. Is being a hit in France a guarantee of naffness? I'm sure you're wrong.
Echo and the Bunnymen were from Liverpool
I know - hence my comment. :roll:
Withnail Xtreme wrote:Nothing naff about decent music.
Well obviously.
Which is why nobody said it.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:Is being a hit in France a guarantee of naffness?
No, but it's sometimes a good guide! Quick, how many hits has Bonnie Tyler had in the last few years?
British answer: Bonnnie who?
French answer: loads!
I'm sure you're wrong.
I hear that a lot at home as well. :oops:

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
ezinra wrote:
oboogie wrote:Is being a hit in France a guarantee of naffness?
No, but it's sometimes a good guide! Quick, how many hits has Bonnie Tyler had in the last few years?
British answer: Bonnnie who?
French answer: loads!
Is Bonnie Tyler still around?
To my shame I, sort of, saw her perform live once, about 15 years ago at a tiny festival in Singleton Park, Swansea. In my defence we didn't know in advance she was playing and we stayed just long enough to establish that she was a) just as bad as I remembered and b) rat-arsed (& I mean staggering), this was mid afternoon. We went to the bar until John Otway came on. I was told later that she fell over more than once and forgot many of the words, she was likened to Shane McGowan.
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
First picture of young mother whose body was found dumped in boot of car as police quiz former bouncer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Warwickshire Police spokesman said: 'We are are examining the circumstances of how the woman died and her death is being treated as suspicious at this time.

He added: 'Her details will not be released until formal identification procedures have been completed and members of her family have been informed.'

:shock:
Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh, go on. Tell me. I'm fucking *fascinated*. I m[…]

Boris Johnson

Fanx for that. We are on the long trail down to Ba[…]

[/quote] SunLife one, that is. At the start of the[…]

Priti Patel

A lecture on patriotism from disgraced ex-minister[…]