For all other Mail-related topics
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
mattomac wrote:
Althea wrote:How about this one?
'A Denbighshire Council spokesman said: 'In line with recommendations from the UK Government we waived the £400 application fee for all closure applications. 'But this one is more complicated due to the location they wish to close.'........ The only complication is the councils rigid enforcement of 'Health & Safety' rules, 'rules is rules' and never to be broken by the use of common sense and community benefits.

- OLD AND NEARLY FORGOTTEN OLD SOLDIER, somewhere in the world., 21/4/2012 9:41
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1sfBBzd8j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did he forget he put Old in at the beginning?
Just spotted him on another article posting a more-or-less identical piece of nonsense about councils.
On the drug smuggling British woman story:
Mike, Expat Brit OAP changed from being a life long Conservative to a supporter, of UKIP, now retired and living in Thailand.
Christ Mike, they only want your name and location, not your life story!
sporran wrote:Isn't it a bit pointless being a supporter of any UK political party when he lives in Thailand?
I think if he has been out of the UK for less than 15 years he still has the right to a postal vote.

I'm sure his 'boy' could bring it to him on a silver tray, Mike could exercise is voting rights before his morning massage.

If he has been ex-pat for more than 15 years he could complain to the European Court of Human Rights, oh but he's a Kipper so no joy there then :roll:
And would Fargle condone being told what to do from a forrin' country even further away than Belgium? There's be 'uproar' and 'fury' at the next meeting. Possibly even a rumpus if the phone box could accommodate it.
Last edited by The Red Arrow on Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abernathy wrote:Possibly even a stramash.

I had to google that, do you mean the snake breeder, the MTB festival, the ceilidh band or the whiskey piss-up in Edinburgh?

More likely to be a bit of a bundle, with golf sweaters being stretched out of shape and tasseled loafers flying across the room.
Squeaker wrote:
Abernathy wrote:Possibly even a stramash.

I had to google that, do you mean the snake breeder, the MTB festival, the ceilidh band or the whiskey piss-up in Edinburgh?

More likely to be a bit of a bundle, with golf sweaters being stretched out of shape and tasseled loafers flying across the room.
As ever, Wikipedia is your friend :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stramash
they wont get rid of the quangos for the same reason you wont get to vote on the EU dictatorship....
- simon, shut up serf or youll be in the goulag, 24/4/2012 15:11

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1xtoCjXKp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Parliamentary democracy?
Boris Johnson

Apparently Liz Truss is going to be doing toda[…]

Daily Star front pages

I'd have to go LD too. Neither the Absolute Tit no[…]

Roll Call

Dr McCoy's first "Outside the home" job […]

Michael Gove

Hard to divide and rule when we're all in it toget[…]