•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
The Mail arranges its very own celebrity deathmatch:

Are all beautiful women boring? Samantha Brick and Shona Sibary thrash out the very provocative question

If you want these two to go away, don't click. I can tell you that the 'debate' has all of the authenticity of professional wrestling, without the acrobatics. Or the personalities. It's not the car-crash the Mail would have hoped for; it's like watching two empty milkfloats simultaneously reverse into a tree.

To summarise: Sibary thinks she has a great personality because she's ugly; Brick thinks she has a great personality because she's beautiful. Some 400-and-counting readers think they're both awful and, like me, have chosen to waste a small part of their lives saying so. Both women go out of their way to call the kettle black, and in the first photo caption the Mail has managed to get them the wrong way round. In other words, business as usual for the world's favourite online news site.
By Fflaps
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Sibary can't help the way she looks, I seem to recall her writing that she was born with a birthmark covering her right eye, and she still has a squint and I think is blind or partially sighted in that eye. What I find rather disturbing is - because she may consider herself ugly, does that invite the rest of us to do so without considering her feelings?

And even more worryingly, why is this fiction that Samantha Brick is some kind of modern-day Helen of Troy (Hélène de Troyes? - OK I know she lives in another part of the country) still being maintained?!
Fflaps wrote:Sibary can't help the way she looks, I seem to recall her writing that she was born with a birthmark covering her right eye, and she still has a squint and I think is blind or partially sighted in that eye. What I find rather disturbing is - because she may consider herself ugly, does that invite the rest of us to do so without considering her feelings?

And even more worryingly, why is this fiction that Samantha Brick is some kind of modern-day Helen of Troy (Hélène de Troyes? - OK I know she lives in another part of the country) still being maintained?!

I don't think she's ugly and I'm an expert in such matters. I live in west Wales where there's been generations of in-breeding and I know ugly when I see it.
By Fflaps
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
She's written several times about how ugly she feels (OK, I don't think she's a beauty but she's perfectly OK looking) but I think in this article she's been set against the Mail's acknowledged 'beautiful' person, the unspoken message being that she must therefore be the ugly one.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:I rather think that the only people signed up to the notion of an unbearably gorgeous S. Brick are Brick and Pascal.
I reckon you're overestimating by at least two.

However, Sam & Pas have a near-neighbour in the Dordogne who must rub his hands with excitement whenever he sees a picture of the beautiful couple in the Mail. Well, he doesn't actually live in the Dordogne, or even visit, but that's not what he tells the inland revenue.
Mail Online and Adblockers

Saves me downloading a M*ilblocker. :D

The Sun

As a step down from regular cigarettes, they are h[…]

Winterval Bingo

Dragonist! :P Coming over here, burning our […]

Boris Johnson

The right wing media were quick enough to apportio[…]