•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
She of the large face and firm hand:

I know many will be horrified. But I slap my 14-year-old daughter: As a Cabinet minister admits smacking his children, one mother insists it's part of being a loving parent
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ghter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was told not to throw the ball in the house. Later, I threw a ball in the house and got a spanking. You know what I never did again? Throw a ball in the house. Oh, and I still love my parents because they're awesome!
- liz, Grits, 5/2/2013 9:15
This is what I call a "perfect mother". Good on you, girl. You bring back memories of my childhood some 60 odd years ago when parental slaps taught discipline and respect in a way that no silly "naughty step", etc every can or will.
- Godelgo, Bexleyheath, 5/2/2013 8:52
It didn't do our parents or grandparents any harm, in fact that generation were bought up with far better family morals than we have today.
- Mateus, Cheshire, United Kingdom, 5/2/2013 8:15
... yeah, like 'father knows best', spousal rape, sanctioned domestic violence, magdalene laundries etc. Real golden age :roll:

Most of the comments are a wank-fest
By PaulOnBooks
Membership Days Posts
Interesting, using the word loosely, that the mother writes that her two recent slapping episodes weren't premeditated - one was anger and one was, she claims, fear for a toddler's safety. I see that the same person has written for the DM before: "The agony of knowing your son's being bullied - and the school is too politically correct to punish his tormentors". Bit of a garden-shed theme going here, I think. And I suspect that the bullying is going to increase as she plasters pics of her family across the article.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
There's nothing 'silly' about the naughty step.

My neice was being a nit naughty when we were visiting, and the mere mention of being sent to the naughty step saw her emit a wail of anguish at the thought of spending 120 seconds sat in the hall, and she immediately stopped whatever it was she was doing.

By Timbo
Quite. It's generally more the fact that they are being punished, rather than the punishment itself, which has the effect. Mailites can't wrap their heads around this; which means that, to them, any child which isn't the recipient of some disturbingly-specific act of corporal punishment must be 'feral'. By 'feral' they presumably mean loud, cheeky, often annoying and getting into trouble by annoying uptight adults wherever they can find them.

Does their rose-tinting of their own childhoods really not allow for any crime beyond apple-scrumping?
By mojojojo
Silkyman wrote:There's nothing 'silly' about the naughty step.

My neice was being a nit naughty when we were visiting, and the mere mention of being sent to the naughty step saw her emit a wail of anguish at the thought of spending 120 seconds sat in the hall, and she immediately stopped whatever it was she was doing.
Yeah but that method, although it maybe perfectly effective, doesn't result in any children being hurt, which is what these arseholes want.

By Malcolm Armsteen
No sanction is effective in terms of modifying behaviour unless the adult takes the time to explain how the child has transgressed - and not in a low-level 'because I said' or 'you'll get punished if you do that' way. If the adult can't explain what the child has done wrong they have no right to sanction them. You can enforce obedience but that's empty and pointless except in a few cases.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
When a child is just throwing 'why?' at you with every reason you put forward why they shouldn't be doing whatever it is they are doing, then 'because I'm your dad and I said so' is often the only course of action.

The 'why' can wait until they are able to process that information.

Or with older kids.

Don't ride your bike down that very steep hill onto the main road/smoke/attempt autoerotic asphyxiation.

Why

Because you'll get yourself killed.

No I won't. I'll be fine.

No you won't.

I'm going to anyway.

Do that and I'm burning your x-box...

Ok. I hate you.

By Malcolm Armsteen
OK.

Have you ever looked at Kohlberg's stages of moral development?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_K ... evelopment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think also the saying that you can't fatten a pig on market day applies. If you take a consistent line with a child in which the child expects explanation and you expect them to listen, then the situation you describe won't arise. Of course, if you save the method up and only try it once, when life is in danger, you may come unstuck.

But then I'm probably being smug again, aren't I?

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Teenage ladette who led 'roller coaster of disruption' is hit with an ASBO for terrorising a town centre... and police see drop in crime

I hate the word ladette, and it's irrelevant here anyway. 'Teenager' would be fine.
We have a handful of girl thugs like this in the village where i live, would love to see them get PROPER punishment!

- Jan , nottingham, United Kingdom, 11/2/2013 19:54 Rating 173
In one article we get a copper sacked for punching a mouthy yob, and here we have a mouthy female yob who badly needs a good hiding. These morons understand only one thing, but unfortunately, they know they`re never going to get it, thanks to 40 years of lefty liberal idiots telling them they`re untouchable.

- Brian , Lincoln, United Kingdom, 11/2/2013 19:40 Rating 228
Brian would have no hang-up about touching them. With a paddle.
By Fozzy
We have a handful of girl thugs like this in the village where i live, would love to see them get PROPER punishment!

God, that sounds creepy. Next thing you know, Jan will be setting it up and selling tickets.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Fozzy wrote:

God, that sounds creepy. Next thing you know, Jan will be setting it up and selling tickets.
It's certainly already available online.
The Tories, Generally

https://whitehotharlots.tumblr.com/post/6215554362[…]

I saw that but it didn't register with me properly[…]

Priti Patel

With no access to EU criminal databases this is […]

Meanwhile in Belgium

Media on the mainland are reporting that Belgian F[…]