For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 23.5 % ❤ 11.8 % :thumbsup: 11.8 % :grinning: 52.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
I should have thought your average Mailite would approve of councils cracking down on filthy forrin practices. You can never be too careful, there could be brown people in that shop.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Paragraph 19:
Labour run Blackburn Council said the officer had wanted to check that the florist was not operating as an illegal shisha ‘den.’
Councillor Jim Smith, executive member for environment, said: ‘The council public protection officer involved in this case was walking past the florist, saw the display and went in to make sure it was not operating a shisha lounge, which can be hard to detect.
‘The public protection officer was simply carrying out his duties. We have a job to do in regulating shisha so do need to check on these matters.’

And all he did was enter the shop to investigate, when she, in true Mailtard fashion, went into one about her yooman rites.
Do they tend to mention the political party that is in charge of the council? failed to see it mentioned elsewhere.
satnav wrote:Walt Disney are very hot on people infringing their copyright so I would imagine a solicitors letter will be heading her way in the very near future.
And Viz are well pissed off that Biffa Bacon's mum's likeness has also been nicked.
Arnold wrote:It's data roaming sadface time again!

Orange sends mother £1,100 bill for downloading just FIVE minutes of cartoon for her sick three-year-old son while on holiday in Turkey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2hQTUFfte" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For fuck's sake..
'I turned on data roaming for about five minutes and started to download it and got about 18 per cent.

'I started to worry it would cost me a few hundred - so I stopped the download and waited until I had wifi inside the hotel to download the rest.
A spokesman said: 'Customers are automatically capped to ensure they are not charged more than £51 for roaming data in a given month.

'In this instance the customer contacted Orange to opt out of the cap.'
Swimming coach who dedicated 51 years to helping children facing ban from sport after being convicted of assaulting child during 'innocuous' incident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2he11AT6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whilst a number of commentators who don't know her from Adam have rushed to defend her it looks like there are several comments from local people suggesting that she has been pushing her luck for a while and she's finally been caught out.
As usual the armchair experts who know more about the case than the Magistrate who saw and heard the evidence are out in force. What seems to be played down in a big way is that the child in question had bruising on her arm. That is really quite unlikely to happen just from bumping into someone, and the type of bruise you get from having your arm grabbed forcefully is distinctive. I suspect that the Magistrate had a look at the photos of the bruises and made a decision substantially based on that.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -rows.html

A lot of things wrong with this story,but the pose with the mug's a piss take.
Can't have been Ryanair ,the pic showing the passenger seating looks like a Jumbo or something.How many of those fly from Wales to Ireland?.
Fozzy wrote:As usual the armchair experts who know more about the case than the Magistrate who saw and heard the evidence are out in force. What seems to be played down in a big way is that the child in question had bruising on her arm. That is really quite unlikely to happen just from bumping into someone, and the type of bruise you get from having your arm grabbed forcefully is distinctive. I suspect that the Magistrate had a look at the photos of the bruises and made a decision substantially based on that.
Have you ever noticed how the armchair experts say "Probably" a lot.
It suggests they've little experience of the situation and are busily attempting to reconstruct the facts to fit their own (Dacre supplied) narrative.
Popular lollipop man who was threatened with suspension for high-fiving children as they crossed the road, quits job in protest

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow! The middle distance stare of a lollipop man deprived of his lollipop.

Mother's shock at finding SAW BLADE in Sainsbury's chicken kiev she gave one-year-old daughter for dinner

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -kiev.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could have been nasty but the photo was so strong I had to highlight it, great use of props.

Unmarried with visible tattoos? You had better believe that the farmer's market mob are on her case.
That is nasty, and it's why meat processing plants usually pass all meat through a metal detector after processing. Looks like something wasn't working that day.
She deserves a lot of love from Sainsbury's after that.
On the lollipop story the BBC website has provided Paragraph 19:
A council spokesperson said: "We take the safety of children very seriously and school crossing patrols exist to make sure children can cross roads as safely as possible.

"To do this they must hold out the lollipop with one arm and hold their other arm outstretched to signal that all traffic must stop - this is well established signalling that should be understood by all drivers.

"While patrols can be friendly, their full attention must be on the road and they must watch the traffic closely at all times.

"It [high-fiving] was one of a number of safety issues raised with the school crossing patrol before he made the decision to resign."

The authority added that it would be recruiting a replacement "as quickly as possible".
So there was, once again and much to my amazement, more to the story than the rabble-baiting Mail story told us...
Jeremy Corbyn.

Christ almighty this article from Andrew Fisher is[…]

Roll Call

Two weeks ago our local hospital said that none […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

You'd have to have a heart stone not to have a goo[…]

Michael Gove

We can hope.