•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The problem with tuning into James O'Brien is that you catch the tail end of Nick Ferrari. This morning in between a rant about an early jail release of a paedophile, Ferrari and his demented callers air the pleasure they derive from beating naughty children and how the PC brigade wants to stop this essential liberty.

All you need to know
Thanks to @NickFerrariLBC and the @LBC team for my early Christmas present!

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Anybody happen to catch "Any Fascists?" this afternoon?

Vintage stuff. The last caller was a bloke that thought the UK should urgently implement a programme of rounding up dodgy muslims and their neighbours and sending them to what he called "detention camps". No kidding. You could hear the appalled tone in the presenter's voice.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:Pfft, what a po-faced lot you are. If it wasn't for this bunch of fine songsters then comedians from the 1970s wouldn't have been able to use their name as a euphemism or, indeed, come up with chuckletastic jokes where the punchline was, " 'You've got me' by the Dooleys ".
Imagine a world where acts like the Dooleys occupied every slot in the top 10.
We can't have that, and it's all the fault of Multiculturalism and Ken Livingstone.

By davidjay
Abernathy wrote:Anybody happen to catch "Any Fascists?" this afternoon?

Vintage stuff. The last caller was a bloke that thought the UK should urgently implement a programme of rounding up dodgy muslims and their neighbours and sending them to what he called "detention camps". No kidding. You could hear the appalled tone in the presenter's voice.
My neighbour's a Muslim and I don't like him very much. Does that make him dodgy and if so do I have to be rounded up as well?
By Andy McDandy
Just been reading 'Perfidia' by James Ellroy. Makes the point that the Californian internment of Japanese-heritage citizens was partially motivated by asset-grabbing. In effect, they paid in seized property for their own imprisonment.

Besides, any student of the Troubles will tell you why mass internment is a really bad idea.
By Andy McDandy
Quite.

Round up all people of a given demographic, and you'll grab a handful of troublemakers and a huge number of innocent people. Then shove them all into a prison where, even with the best will in the world, quality of life, facilities, food etc will suck. The troublemakers will have a massive captive audience to work on, and a genuine sense of injustice to play off. So when people are eventually released, they will have a cause and a grudge, and possibly some new skills.

Sicily in the forties, Ireland in the seventies - when will these people learn?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

She was being at bit too BBC for her own good in not calling that moonbat. Any Answers is for posher sounding nutters, like a Screwdriver concert in Ambridge.
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Just been reading 'Perfidia' by James Ellroy. Makes the point that the Californian internment of Japanese-heritage citizens was partially motivated by asset-grabbing. In effect, they paid in seized property for their own imprisonment.

Besides, any student of the Troubles will tell you why mass internment is a really bad idea.
So don't release any of them. Mind you, it'll cost money to keep them imprisoned. Here's a thought then...

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:

She was being at bit too BBC for her own good in not calling that moonbat. Any Answers is for posher sounding nutters, like a Screwdriver concert in Ambridge.
Apart from having a very fulsome chuckle at the Screwdriver/Ambridge simile, I did catch that on Saturday.

The guy was absolutely insane but you'll wait a long time before you hear Anita Anand get torn in. She is too much of a Head Girl who was brung up to speak nice and not answer back.

By Killer Whale
Kreuzberger wrote: The guy was absolutely insane but you'll wait a long time before you hear Anita Anand get torn in. She is too much of a Head Girl who was brung up to speak nice and not answer back.
I've been unable to listen to Any Answers since she's been presenting it. It just feels so amateurish and lacking in the self-confidence to stand up for itself. How ironic that it should be upstaged by down-market, commercial local broadcaster LBC.

By Daley Mayle
Kreuzberger wrote:
youngian wrote:

Apart from having a very fulsome chuckle at the Screwdriver/Ambridge simile, I did catch that on Saturday.

The guy was absolutely insane but you'll wait a long time before you hear Anita Anand get torn in. She is too much of a Head Girl who was brung up to speak nice and not answer back.

Yes she was polite but she pulled up a couple of batshit callers and encouraged them explain fully what they meant and the more they talked the more they hung themselves with their own words. In my opinion that's the way to treat such people.

Generally I don't like her as a presenter as she is a bit wet, her little grunts she makes as she listens to a caller are annoying and she does tend to put words in the caller's mouth. There's a guy called Julian (I think) who sometimes stands in for her who is much better.
Boris Johnson

Sounds like it's going well. https://twitter.com/[…]

Momentum

Thread: https://twitter.com/jaredomaramp/status/11[…]

Not sure where else to put this https://twitter[…]

The LibDems, generally

Sarah Olney is going for RIchmond again.