:sunglasses: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
don't come out of this very well, on the badger cull.
And Plaid AM Llyr Huws Gruffydd thundered: "The Labour minister has displayed blind ignorance by disregarding the scientific evidence, and all because he has to fall in line with Labour's new policy in London.

"Wales is now swimming against the tide of scientific evidence that has seen England adopt a culling policy, with Northern Ireland also moving in that direction."
Wales' non-cull policy, as formulated in "London", seems to have been very successful.

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_a ... _cull.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By mattomac
It's quite typical.... Two default positions Plaid seem to take are:

We would have done it earlier

or

It's been passed down from London

I'm not a fan, of course in a country that is only patriotic when an oval ball is involved it is unsurprising they haven't made the impact of the SNP.

By Killer Whale
He's not well regarded in Nationalist circles - there's a feeling that he's 'gone native' during his time at Westminster.

I do get the feeling though that if he'd been Labour (there were recent rumours that he was about to defect, BTW) you lot would be going out of your way to defend him.

There's no 'v' in Welsh, incidentally, and no word that contains a double 'b'.

By Tubby Isaacs
Killer Whale wrote:He's not well regarded in Nationalist circles - there's a feeling that he's 'gone native' during his time at Westminster.

I do get the feeling though that if he'd been Labour (there were recent rumours that he was about to defect, BTW) you lot would be going out of your way to defend him.

There's no 'v' in Welsh, incidentally, and no word that contains a double 'b'.
He might get defended as "proper Old Labour" or something, but probably not on here.

By Tubby Isaacs
Leanne Wood playing me too with Nicola Sturgeon:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ks-8703164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Civil Service talks, when they'll probably get 3 MPs.

Plaid strike me as fairly different to the SNP- genuinely leftwing, independence as a long term objective, Welsh language as a much more significant part of their identity (even though Wood isn't a native speaker, they probably won't be winning in Blaenau Gwent). I wonder whether she should keep her distance a bit.

By Killer Whale
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I wonder whether she should keep her distance a bit.
Yes she should. I don't trust the SNP, I think their political culture is different from ours, I don't think we're natural allies, and I think that, if push came to shove, they would abandon us over Barnett. They're not as bad as the fucking Greens, mind.

By Tubby Isaacs
I think they would too. They're greater crappers on the Welsh Government, who would love the money the SNP have.

Plaid are also pluralists, supportive of local government and in Ceredigion they got the Council Tax raised 4.4% to offset cuts from Westminster/ Welsh Government. For the SNP, anything outside Holyrood is a nuisance.

Trying to make sense of S Kinnock’s position[…]

George Galloway

Kipper George propping up a bar near you* https:/[…]

David Cameron

Showing again why the much mocked cones hotline […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Yeah. Evil Owen Smith, and all that. I'm not clea[…]