•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Priests and particularly Anglican vicars that divert from the Tory Party at prayer have long been a Mail bug bear. Rev Richard Coles is getting in the neck this week for daring to criticise the Tory social housing right to buy policy
Seedy past of Radio 4 vicar who labelled scheme 'right to steal': High profile churchman Richard Coles attacks Tory plans
Rev Coles sits on the board of Wellingborough Homes housing association
Vicar is known for presenting Radio 4's human interest show Saturday live
Attacked Tory plans to sell housing association homes as a 'right to steal'
Confessed in memoir last year that he had taken drugs including cocaine, ecstasy and amphetamines

half of the famously gay 1980s pop band The Communards, alongside singer Jimmy Somerville, but also his enthusiasm for ‘dogging

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3XeW2d6DD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Readers aren't very impressed with this low grade personal attack on an increasingly well liked middle England media personality (see also Claire Balding)
Jim T, Oberammergau, 3 days ago
Have you ever entered a church? Or read the bible? Christ had quite a bit to say about repentance and tolerance. hate the sin, not the sinner. Rev. coles has devoted himself to serving the church. It is lucky to have him.

Once again the Daily Mail plays the Man, not the ball. Rev Coles left behind a life of wealth and self-indulgence to serve the church and his congregation. That deserves respect. This ridiculous policy has been criticised by churchmen, housing experts, businessmen and many of the readers here. In fact it seems that its only supporters are desperate Tory politicians and the Daily Mail!
Richard Coles @RevRichardColes
I was put to the test today, picking up a Daily Mail for my dad in hospital despite it publishing a nasty piece about me #rock #hardplace

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Left wing poof pop star at that.

You'd think Dacre would have better things to do at weekends
Richard Coles ‏@RevRichardColes Apr 15
Anonymous caller leaves hostile message on the answerphone but forget to withhold his number. Just calling him back now.
Littlejohn's brain wrote:God knows what they would have made of Oscar Romero
Not a big fan of is Holiness John Paul's love-in with Ronald Reagan if I recall.
Last edited by youngian on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I quite liked this response from Cole latest tweet.
Thanks Daily Mail for promoting the soon-to-be-released paperback of my memoirs
I wonder why the Mail never refers to Toby Young as seedy given that he has publicly admitted taking coke in the past?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:Left wing poof pop star at that.

You'd think Dacre would have better things to do at weekends
Anonymous caller leaves hostile message on the answerphone but forget to withhold his number. Just calling him back now.
Littlejohn's brain wrote:God knows what they would have made of Oscar Romero
Not a big fan of is Holiness John Paul's love-in with Ronald Reagan if I recall.
I understand the new man Francis' sinister posture has reversed the stampede of swivel-eyed tories dumping Canterbury for Rome.

Rough translation.

That new Pope's a bit of a lefty innit.
You don't catch as many eccentric shire tories following Widdecombe's example.
By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:You can see Dacre telling Littlejohn what he wants in the column now.
The Second Coming? Just fill in these benefit forms, Mr Christ
- After the left-wing reverend Richard Coles criticises the Tories' plans for the country, RICHARD LITTLEJOHN imagines what would happen if Jesus had modelled himself on the lefty cleric.

"And if you go over there, you'll get your council house keys, Mr Wieslawski. NEXT"
"Hello, sir, welcome to UK immigration. Can I take your name?"
"Yes, it's Jesus Christ."
"Really? So Mr Christ, what's your purpose of visiting the UK?"
"Well, I was gonna visit for the Second Coming, but that seems like a lot of work. Could I just go for the Immigration Special?"
"Ooh, of course, the more the merrier. Mavis! We've got a taker for the Special! Now, Mr Christ, if you could just fill in a few forms. This one is for your benefits. If you wish to send them back home, please fill in section 8 and we'll make that happen. This form here is for your council house - you've got the option of 2 or 3 bedroom. Make sure you tick the queue jumping option in part 2 otherwise you'll be waiting as long as a British family. And then this one here is to let you vote in the upcoming election. Did you have thoughts on that one?"
"I was just wondering. I used to earn my money by being a carpenter, but this is so much easier! Who should I vote for to thank them?"
"That would be the Labour party, sir. They love being generous to immigrants like yourself. Not so much our own people, but then they need more people like you to vote for them."

Now, I'm not saying I AM Richard Littlejohn. But if I was I'd have a much bigger house :/

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
DukeLDN wrote:I can see it now...
So, Mr Christ, just why are you surrounded by so many whores?

The Mail reveals the truth about leftist preacher Jesus Christ, his so called “disciples” and the rest of their clique
Born to an unmarried mother... #brokenJudea.
Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1172977063[…]

The LibDems, generally

Interesting. Never take Twitter at face value woul[…]

David Cameron

Hamface has known Johnson and Gove for long enou[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh, I can sense the foam around the mouths of news[…]