•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Do you remember the Blackpool child murders that the BNP adopted as a cause celebre?

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/british-nati ... ce-threats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The murderer of one of the girls was sentenced today.

http://edlnews.co.uk/2015/07/28/is-ther ... blackpool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Electoral Commission ‏@ElectoralCommUK 21m21 minutes ago
British National Party (BNP) has today been removed from the register of GB political parties. (1/2)
Electoral Commission ‏@ElectoralCommUK 20m20 minutes ago
BNP failed to confirm their registration details by deadline which is a legal requirement.See our statement http://bit.ly/1VPXo3w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2/2)
[youtube]Qy9_lfjQopU[/youtube]

By bluebellnutter
benjamin dilzraeli ‏@adventuresofrob 3m3 minutes ago
The BNP's disappearance should be put in the context of Labour's previous leader literally carving "CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION" in stone
The man has a point.

Dan Hodges ‏@DPJHodges 32m32 minutes ago
Worth remembering the BNP didn't die because people ignored them and hoped they'd go away. The BNP died because people challenged them.
So does he.
By Andy McDandy
The BNP suffered because they put suits on and tried to debate on the big stage. There they fell apart because they a) had to tone down their message in an attempt to woo the audience, who weren't buying it anyway (and which did nothing to please their hard core members who saw it as selling out), and b) were out of their depth against an array of political parties all bearing down on them in unison.

The EDL/NWI/Britain First/etc avoided this by not trying to debate at all, but by relying on intimidation pure and simple. In many ways the EDL were little more than a hooligan firm crossed with a protection racket - "Give us some pubs to drink dry or we'll shut down your town centre".

As for what'll happen to them, hopefully they'll fragment into a zillion micro-groups and never bother anyone again. A few will join the Kip before getting bored or dying off. More I think will just get drunk and grumble. Hopefully a few of the younger ones, after a few years working alongside, or even for, people from ethnic minorities, might realise they're human beings too.

By Malcolm Armsteen
In our local experience the death of the BNP meant an almost exact transfer of votes to UKIP. I suspect that is true elsewhere. The leopard doesn't change his pants.

By bluebellnutter
mattomac wrote:UKIP also took a large number of votes, was it the Oldham seat that had a stark correlation between the BNP result of 7 or so years previous and UKIP result of the recent by election?
2015 Oldham West & Royton - UKIP - 6,487 (by-election)
2001 Oldham West & Royton - BNP - 6,552

That last one was the Griffster himself, so probably had the extra publicity UKIP enjoyed in 2015

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:The BNP may be dead but its voters as Malcolm has noted have gone over to UKIP.
I have a rather hazy memory of the time the NF broke up.
Didn't the hardcore split into several bits, which carried out some very nasty physical attacks among themselves?
Or was that the BM?

Either way, the followers have tended to drift off, while the captains push off to a cottage somewhere rural and eke out the subscriptions till they're ready for another go.
By mattomac
bluebellnutter wrote:
mattomac wrote:UKIP also took a large number of votes, was it the Oldham seat that had a stark correlation between the BNP result of 7 or so years previous and UKIP result of the recent by election?
2015 Oldham West & Royton - UKIP - 6,487 (by-election)
2001 Oldham West & Royton - BNP - 6,552

That last one was the Griffster himself, so probably had the extra publicity UKIP enjoyed in 2015
Ah bit longer than 7 (how time flies) but yes I thought it was startling when I saw them.

.......the thing that's keeping me going is that[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

It's the mini-me toddler I feel sorriest for.

2019 General Election

JOE has sent up the Tories video :lol: https://[…]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]