•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Supports Brexit? "Better assessment" of immigrants? Doesn't sound too straight down the middle to me.

At least they've done their homework...
“We now have over 350 people who if there was a snap election today they would be prepared to contest every single seat in the country.
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 am
659=350

Maffs
Perhaps they'll be standing in more than one seat? (Why do people stand in seats? Seems counter-intuitive).

More to the point in maffs, 650 x £500 = £325,000.00. And there's a reason for that...

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 am
659=350

Maffs
Perhaps they'll be standing in more than one seat? (Why do people stand in seats? Seems counter-intuitive).

More to the point in maffs, 650 x £500 = £325,000.00. And there's a reason for that...
And 6500 signatures. 10 per seat and they have to live in the constituency. As a number of kippers have found out the hard way (custodial or at least suspended sentences), the law takes a dim view of a candidate being supported by Mr M. Mouse and Mr. D. Duck.

Before I moved to Swissyland I lived in beautiful downtown Catford and I remember a Council election where a local idiot ran on the BNP ticket. There was a fair amount of amusement in the local Labour party when he got 8 votes.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think that here have been candidates that have stood in multiple constituencies. As far as I know there's nothing to say that you can't contest more than one seat at a time, but the instances where there have been candidates standing in two or more constituencies have generally been fringe-nutter parties. The serious political parties, and UKIP, don't do it, so the question of somebody winning two seats has never arisen.

Oh, and you do not have to live in a parliamentary constituency to represent it, though it is usually a good idea to do so, if only to demonstrate that you're serious and stop your opponents having a go at you.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
In the 1918 General Election Sinn Fein had at least Arthur Griffith and Eamon De Valera win with two seats each, Griffith in NW Tyrone & East Cavan while De Valera in East Mayo and East Clare. However since they didn't take up their seats, they couldn't choose which constituency to represent which would mean the other would be declared vacant and trigger a bye election. Not sure if that rule is still the case.
George Galloway

Bryant doesn't have any children, as Galloway admi[…]

Trying to make sense of S Kinnock’s position[…]

David Cameron

Showing again why the much mocked cones hotline […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Yeah. Evil Owen Smith, and all that. I'm not clea[…]