In other words, do exactly what they have done in every one since Italy 1990
All right, I know I’m a dozy bastard some days...... :D
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:46 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Same old same old. The fact that people find it so hard to disagree with US drone attacks in Pakistan AND Russia's authoritarianism is bloody weird. There are no pure horses to hitch your wagon to, but why this means we have to defend an absolute bastard like Putin I'll never know.
Quite. Say what you'll like about Trump , he'll be out in 2024 at the latest.

But yeah, what they all have in common is a mistrust of internationalism - that they can't control. Just nation states at each other's throats and the smaller countries squished.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am
Luther on a Lambretta!

Cyber attack on Russia? Are they working their way through Ealing comedies? Last week we had 'Passport to Pimlico', now we're on to 'The Mouse That Roared'.
No doubt we'll be emailing them some hostile hashtags.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
This actually makes a lot of sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... lling-card
Over the next few days, state TV channels will pump out this message: Moscow is again the victim of a western conspiracy. Russia under siege is a favourite Kremlin theme. Conflicts with the west can bear some fruit: Putin has maintained the bump in his nominal popularity rating after his annexation of Crimea, despite western condemnation and sanctions. The wave of patriotism that followed also split the Russian opposition.

So a row with London can do Putin no harm, especially among voters who share his uncompromising nationalist worldview and his smouldering sense of victimhood.

One former senior Foreign Office adviser said it was a mistake to assume that Skripal’s spy work for MI6 triggered the decision to poison him in Salisbury. Skripal was merely the “instrument”. The real target was the UK, he said. “I don’t think it was about Skripal. It was a geo-political intervention.”

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
She seems impervious to consequences - cause and effect. So no.

Remember, she is the one who bounces in to meetings trying to further a cause that will see the country demonstrably and fundamentally weaker and poorer. How do you reason with someone like that? It is like pointing out to a suicide bomber that they are likely to die.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
It seems to be a really clumsy attempt to be seen as strong. Issuing Russia with a deadline? Don't be fucking ridiculous. They don't give a shit. Yeah, on the surface her supporters can try and paint that as strong, but then Russia completely ignore her, as expected, so now what? Start ramping up the rhetoric and threaten military action or something? Short sighted bollocks.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Last night's 6pm BBC TV news headline being read out was; "Trump gives his full backing to May." No he didn't it was qualified support as the BBC site points out.
Russian Spy: Donald Trump to discuss Russian spy investigaton with Theresa May
Donald Trump says the United States could condemn Russia if the allegations are found to be true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politic ... orting-map
Nigel Farage

Even if it's not true it's true.

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/labour-rem[…]

Toby Young

Translation: I bullied my kids. And I show th[…]

Olden days were the best or summat...

No pictures of Notting Hill then?