•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 pm
What the FARTING FUCK is that "Dilly dilly" - "Noweth in bottles" SHITE ?????!?
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3160&start=3705
Arnold wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 am
That Bud Light Dilly Dilly advert. Unless we're being prepared for the glorious future when it's all you can buy at Weatherspoons to wash down your Chlorination Chicken.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:58 pm
At least Farcebook lets you remove ads that make it through adblocker by flagging them as not relevant or offensive.
What's bothering me is the increasing number of sites that simply brickwall you if you run an adblocker. My local paper does this and if you let the ads run it positively crawls along, such is the volume of ads served.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Indeed, and I do pay for my 'daily paper'. However, when I visit a site once there has to be a better way - perhaps a general licence of some sort. Or just disable the ad blocker.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
There's right glad I am to not have a telly.

Adverts in games on phobile mones, on the other hand...

A genuine Fnar moment while waiting for the next level to load last night. What genius decided to call that fruit-machine game "Slots of Love"? :lol:

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:38 pm
Indeed, and I do pay for my 'daily paper'. However, when I visit a site once there has to be a better way - perhaps a general licence of some sort. Or just disable the ad blocker.
The local rag asks you to register. Nowhere does it say if that reduces the adverts, but then I suggest it merely provides another avenue for the proprietors to bombard you with advertising.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes indeed, since I registered with the local rag I get emailed spam from them. No attempt at targeted advertising, though.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:37 pm
Yes indeed, since I registered with the local rag I get emailed spam from them. No attempt at targeted advertising, though.
Did it reduce the on-site advertising, Malc? And is it by any chance Johnston Publishing Ltd.?

By Malcolm Armsteen
On-site advertising not reduced. It just seems to be a way of forcing me to view it. Ditto 'whitelisting' the site in my ad blockers, which I've done for a couple of sites. It's a Local Guardian, so, sadly, related to the Mail I believe.

By Abernathy
I've noticed that there are multiple ads for various over 50 life cover policies running at the moment on daytime telly.

They're all basically the same - guaranteed acceptance with no medical questions, free hundred knicker's worth of gift vouchers, provides your loved ones with enough dosh to give you a decent send-off when you croak with maybe a bit of of dosh left over for booze - what's not to like? The ads all feature ludicrously heathy and vigorous looking 50 somethings all chattin'' about how great these policies are.

But why are there so many different companies pushing these policies? Makes me think there must be big bucks to be made from offering these policies, but it's difficult to see how.

Any of you actuarial types know anything about this ?
Boris Johnson

It's one of those great soundbites which are utter[…]

2019 General Election

They've got that all wrong... Wouldn't that sugges[…]

The Sun

Party’s over WE applaud Brexit Party can[…]

Its as if Janet Street-Porter needed a few bob for[…]