Discussion of other UK political parties
  •  
  •  
By Citizen Cain
Membership Days Membership Days
You know, leaking of lists, loss of privacy and threats aside (all of which are pretty bad), this list may be useful in guaging factors in BNP support. A small team skilled in statistics and a tightly defined breakdown of the UK, cross-referenced with this list, might be able to show why BNP support is growing in certain areas (due to poverty, recent influx of immigrants, poor education etc).
By Adrian
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Citizen Cain wrote:You know, leaking of lists, loss of privacy and threats aside (all of which are pretty bad), this list may be useful in guaging factors in BNP support. A small team skilled in statistics and a tightly defined breakdown of the UK, cross-referenced with this list, might be able to show why BNP support is growing in certain areas (due to poverty, recent influx of immigrants, poor education etc).
I don't know if you've already seen it but the Guardian has a thing on their website where you can look at a big map of the UK and see how many members are in each consistency etc.
By Citizen Cain
Adrian wrote:
Citizen Cain wrote:You know, leaking of lists, loss of privacy and threats aside (all of which are pretty bad), this list may be useful in guaging factors in BNP support. A small team skilled in statistics and a tightly defined breakdown of the UK, cross-referenced with this list, might be able to show why BNP support is growing in certain areas (due to poverty, recent influx of immigrants, poor education etc).
I don't know if you've already seen it but the Guardian has a thing on their website where you can look at a big map of the UK and see how many members are in each consistency etc.
I haven't, no. Been a very long couple of days, I totally missed this story originally. I'll have to have a look for that.
By office_tramp
sven945 wrote:The best thing is not to give them anything to accuse "us" of hypocrisy. Nobody should post burning shit through any letterboxes. Nobody should even make one phone call. Just sit and watch. That's the best thing to do.

I understand that I'm mostly preaching to the converted here, but if anyone does anything other than just standing back and watching then it'll make them stronger.

There's one guy described as "Double for Nick". A stand in for their leader perhaps?
That was kind of my point. No one is really going to do anything with the list, the very idea is ridiculous, but they're loving getting their persecution complex on!
Hundreds of members had received threatening calls in the last 24 hours since the list was leaked, leader Mr Griffin claimed.
Mainly asking to speak to a Mr Seymor Butts no doubt ...

BTW That double for Nick - sounds like a hottie!
Last edited by office_tramp on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bairy
Guardian homepage wrote:Police scour BNP list to find officers breaching ban
Officer on BNP list will be investigated, say police
Employers warn staff on BNP list face dismissal
Wow. I wonder if the BNP had any idea just how despised they are.
To the point where you might lose your job... just wow.

Reassuring though. The best efforts of the Express and Mail (and Sun) and still there are is a huge percentage that aren't racist xenophobic cuntwads.
By sven945
Most employers would have great difficulty in sacking someone on the list (reluctantly, I'd probably say for good reason). I was talking to a mate of mine about this, after spotting an employee of a university (Manchester perhaps?) and I thought one (perhaps risky) way could be to "leak" details to the local press and if they bought it the employer could make a relatively public sacking on grounds of bringing the organisation into disrepute? It could easily backfire, or not be taken on by the media, but it could work?
By Adrian
bairy wrote:Reassuring though. The best efforts of the Express and Mail (and Sun) and still there are is a huge percentage that aren't racist xenophobic cuntwads.
I was thinking that too. I doubt the tons of people buggering up the wikileak servers wanted to find their local BNP members to give them a big hearty slap on the back.

By cycloon
Adrian wrote:
bairy wrote:Reassuring though. The best efforts of the Express and Mail (and Sun) and still there are is a huge percentage that aren't racist xenophobic cuntwads.
I was thinking that too. I doubt the tons of people buggering up the wikileak servers wanted to find their local BNP members to give them a big hearty slap on the back.
There might be a lot who aren't xenophobic cuntwads as much, and there are a lot of people who just don't think very much. I'm still a cynic in regards to this ;)
By Citizen Cain
I dunno, I think plenty of people are still xenophobic racist twunts, its just that they don't like the BNP either. Maybe they're the sort of xenphobic twunt who nontheless has an Indian friend from spending years eating at their takeaway, or whose brother is dating a black girl or something which causes them to make exceptions.

Or they're the sort of nationalist who recognizes that the BNP are in fact fascist in orientation, and so hates them because of WWII etc whilst still being a bit of a cunt themselves.

And so on and so forth.

Its a complex thing, cuntery and ideology. Many facets.
By Beast of Bolsover
When is a member not a member?
The BNP advised those named on the list to deny their membership if needs be ("For those people who have been named on the list all you need to do is deny you are a member if asked") and the BNP will even confirm that in writing if required ("If required write to the BNP and we will confirm that you are not a BNP member.").[83]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Na ... _list_leak

Original source

http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ssues.html

Lee John Barnes, BNP Legal Director

Edit , I note he is calling for all addresses and details of those that oppose the BNP to be published . Is he inciting illegal action? Further his claim that the list is illegal information goes against the opinion of some European legal thinking that the original release indeed was , but the information is now public domain. Further how does his opinions square with recent Griffen comments about threats to those on the BNP list and the fact that the list is essentially correct , bar 7 people ( as claimed....does this include infiltrators...is 7 "many"....who are these 7 , what is their significance?)

Edit2....of interest

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp ... =42487&c=1
2019 General Election

Conservative/Leave gain...

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes, it's him again. (via Otto English) https://t[…]

Labour, Generally.

Angela Rayner: "If Labour get into power o[…]

Richard Littlejohn

You haven't lived until you've scrolled through th[…]