Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 39.7 % :thumbsup: 14.7 % :grinning: 29.4 % 🧥 1.5 % 😟 10.3 % :cry: 4.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 am
I think it works as the Scottish government isn't collapsing, have a leader who isn't an international joke and they're national team are shit. And its still raining.
Whaaaat! That's absolutely outrageous. Last night was the first rain we've had in Glasgow for well over a week.
Arnold wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm
I give no credence to Fargle's threats of insurrection if Brexit falls, but I believe in food riots and looting. Usually 24-36 hours after the supermarkets run dry. It's a real possibility.

Mrs A and I were discussing the modalities of being in France at that point, but we would want to take the grandkids as well. I may suggest it to my son's in-laws, as they have a place in France, too.

For the first time in my life I am seriously worried for the future of Britain. Or England, at least.
And panic buying and rationing. Post Brexit England is one of the reasons I'm considering a move to Scotland this year.
Yes well going on about food shortages has a tendency to cause panic buying.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm
I give no credence to Fargle's threats of insurrection if Brexit falls, but I believe in food riots and looting. Usually 24-36 hours after the supermarkets run dry. It's a real possibility.
Someone (can't remember who) once said that any society is four meals from catastrophe.
WTF? wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 am
I think it works as the Scottish government isn't collapsing, have a leader who isn't an international joke and they're national team are shit. And its still raining.
Whaaaat! That's absolutely outrageous. Last night was the first rain we've had in Glasgow for well over a week.
What the fuck's this thing called "rain"?
Cyclist liked this
Whitehall’s ‘potty’ plan to keep NI lights on if no Brexit deal

Flotilla of barges with energy generators would be sent to Northern Ireland if UK crashes out of the EU

The issue has arisen because Northern Ireland relies on imports from Ireland for electricity supply as part of a ground-breaking single energy market deal struck in the wake of the Good Friday Agreement.

According to a leak to the Financial Times, the plan would involve bringing back equipment from military zones such as Afghanistan to build up capacity in the Irish Sea.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-deal
Brexiters plan to force release of David Davis's rival white paper

Backbenchers plan to make PM publish draft she ditched as Tories descend into warfare
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... hite-paper

So BMW will shut its UK factory making the Mini fo[…]

The Sun

I did wonder if the difference between roads and t[…]

'I wasnt a big fan of the sandwiches at the Moment[…]

That Looks Familiar

The Queen makes even me nervous, says Prince Ha[…]