•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Always worth remembering that most tabloid and magazine writers and editors are posh boys and girls who think they know what the proles want and are like.

Every time you read some moronic article just remember that this is what some public school prick thinks you're fascinated by.
By Andy McDandy
And unfortunately, they know that there's no point switching to caviar if your audience has been preconditioned to swallowing shit.

And the illusion of choice - between shit, more shit and nothing - is no choice at all.

By Samanfur
Resident ‘insulted’ when Aldi opens up nearby

Having a Waitrose nearby is believed to boost your home’s value… But what about when an Aldi opens?

That was the conundrum facing residents in upmarket Poynton, Cheshire, some of whom were rather displeased when the budget supermarket opened a new branch in February.

One resident posting on an online forum claimed they were ‘insulted’ by the new arrival on the main shopping street, claiming it was ‘a step back into the lower class’.
I can smell the outrage from here - although the entire story seems to be an attempt to string out a couple of message board posts that Georgina Littlejohn would be proud of.

By Samanfur
As I said on Facebook, it's a bit rich of Metro to scoff. Its sister paper has probably been one of the most instrumental in stoking up enough exaggerated or outright fake scare stories for people to fall for something as blatant as this.
2019 General Election

https://twitter.com/PolStudiesAssoc/status/12040[…]

Boris Johnson

"Turn this country around"?! Where's he[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You may not have noticed TWA, but I don't hold Mil[…]

General Election 2019 prediction thread

Post-election PM: Johnson Party which gains mos[…]