•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's the geography of the claim which is so shockingly obvious. It's impossible to walk from Salisbury station to the city centre in less than 10-15 mins, so if you're only there for an hour that's half your time gone.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:25 am
As my old granddad used to say How do you know when a Russian is lying? Their lips are moving.
Change "Russian" to "Jew". Acceptable?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:25 am
As my old granddad used to say How do you know when a Russian is lying? Their lips are moving.
Change "Russian" to "Jew". Acceptable?
Maybe my Granddad didn't like the Russians because being he was Polish and the Russian invaded his country and murdered members of his family.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
My father was permanently disabled by a German, many of his friends were killed by Germans.

He made a point of telling me never to blame the whole people for what a few people did. He was comfortable with the Germans he subsequently met.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Mine was captured and imprisoned for 3 years by the Germans. He wasn't massively arsed about them either and enjoyed a visit to Germany in the early 70s when he got sent there to check over a new machine the paper mill had ordered from a manufacturer in Hamburg

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
I should put some context into Granddad's joke, according to my dad he said around the time the Soviets had entered into Afghanistan and he my mum, gran and dad were watching a news report and my granddad saw a Soviet govt representative and he made his Russian lips joke.

By bluebellnutter
"Most likely interpretation"

My God he's right, it's so obvious, you could tell by the way their hands were all over each other's muscle-y arms.

By Samanfur
Yet another suspected poisoning of someone the regime doesn't like:
Pyotr Verzilov, an activist with Russian protest group Pussy Riot, is reported to have been taken to hospital in a serious condition.

Relatives speaking to the Meduza website said they believed he may have suffered poisoning but there is no official word on his condition.

He reportedly fell ill after a court hearing on Tuesday for fellow Pussy Riot activist Veronika Nikulshina.

Mr Verzilov was one of the activists who invaded the World Cup final pitch.

He is a dual citizen of Russia and Canada. On Thursday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the situation was a "concern, obviously, given actions of recent months by the Russians in the UK" - referring to the poisoning of a Russian ex-spy and others in Salisbury.

However, he added it was "too early to draw any conclusions about what has happened or how it has happened". Mr Trudeau said consular officials had contacted the facility where Mr Verzilov was being treated.

Ms Nikulshina told Meduza that Mr Verzilov had complained of losing his sight, "then the ability to talk, then the ability to walk".

She said that when he was admitted to hospital, an initial examination "didn't turn up anything bad", but that later doctors suddenly moved Mr Verzilov to the hospital's toxicology wing.

Relatives quoted by Meduza say he still cannot speak and "reacts only with his eyes".

A member of staff at Moscow's Sklifosovsky hospital later confirmed to AFP news agency that Mr Verzilov was in the intensive care unit in a "serious condition", but gave no further details.

Mr Verzilov is married to Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, the Pussy Riot member who was sentenced in 2012 to two years in jail for a performance at a Moscow cathedral.

By bluebellnutter
So, Jeremy, about that "let's let the Russians investigate" idea...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... cking-plot
The Dutch government expelled two alleged Russian spies this year after they were accused of planning to hack into a Swiss chemicals laboratory where novichok nerve agent samples from the Salisbury attack were analysed, it has emerged.

The men were arrested in The Hague this spring as part of an operation involving British, Swiss and Dutch intelligence agencies.

The Swiss daily newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reported that the men were carrying equipment that could be used to break into the Spiez laboratory’s IT network when they were seized.

Q: On Sunday you will sign us into a deal that wi[…]

Re Greig

If these people ever met an actual radical leftie […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

All the data I've seen is switchers are heaviest[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Otto_English/status/106[…]