Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 40 % :thumbsup: 14.3 % :grinning: 28.6 % 🧥 1.4 % 😟 10 % :cry: 4.3 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
"The public can differentiate between people who come here with a job and will be contributing to the economy and those who under free movement were able to come to the United Kingdom and use our public services without ever having contributed to them
Here we go again! EU rules have always allowed us to send the second group back after six (?) months.
Brexit threatens Northern Irish peace, academic study finds

Protections for human rights and equality across island of Ireland will be weakened, researchers say

Brexit will threaten peace in Northern Ireland, disrupt cross-border cooperation and create potentially lethal divides between British and Irish people in Northern Ireland, an 18-month study by academics has found.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rish-peace
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:56 am
According to the BBC, Emily Thornberry has just stated that not only will Labour vote against the Chequers plan, but any other Brexit deal the Tories make.
Vote Jez for No Deal, then?
Catkins wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm
According to the BBC, Emily Thornberry has just stated that not only will Labour vote against the Chequers plan, but any other Brexit deal the Tories make.
OK Emily, then what?
Force a GE using unspecified tactics so Labour can campaign for Brexit. On the same fantasy demands Barnier has already rejected.
I can't get my head round this. Is this correct? May has negotiated a deal (Chequers) the loon element of the Tories, Bojo, Mogg etc don't want it and want to crash out with no deal. Labour are now threatening to cooperate with this far right crazy brigade and reject a deal?

Please tell me that this is wrong. :shock:
Catkins, bluebellnutter liked this
I’ve had another bit of a think about this and the only possible reasoning I can come up with is that maybe Labour are imagining that this could trigger a GE.

I think this is wrong on two counts:

1, it won’t. All that will happen is that May will get dumped and replaced by one of the loon element which will make an already bad situation worse.

2, if it did, Labour would massively lose ground. I can see the Lib Dem’s benefiting from pissed off remain voters, possibly also picking up up a few non head banging Tory voters too.
Labour, Generally.

Labour are going to vote down her deal. It won't p[…]

Fuck it, bring it on, let the Apocalypse commenc[…]

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage, providing cover for all kinds of dic[…]

Theresa May

Sounds great doesn't it? We leave the EU because o[…]