Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 25 % :thumbsup: 25 % :grinning: 25 % 🙏 12.5 % 😟 12.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
lord_kobel wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:17 am
I don't seem to be able to select posts to move in the moderator panel. There's a little box, presumably to select that post, but nothing happens when I click on it. I'm using firefox.
Reposting this, as I still don't seem to be able to select any topics in the moderation control panel in Firefox. The boxes in the Mark column show up briefly but then vanish after a second.
OK everyone, there has been a big update and overhaul behind the scenes (which should hopefully be completely invisible to you all), so please report any gremlins you encounter over the next 24 hours. Many thanks.
I know I am new back. I know I have not made the best impression upon coming back. :oops:

However all discussion and serious topics here seem to be politically based. There seems to be no room to introduce science (for example climate change is a scientific issue and not a political issue) or technology.

Would that be for the off topic section only? I am loathed to bring scientific issues into a political forum.

Thank you.
Hi Rob - welcome back and thanks for raising this. As the forum is owned by an environmental consultant, these sorts of topics are more than welcome. The 'off-topic' section would be the correct home for them at present. If things outgrow that section, then we can consider revising the forum layout to better reflect them later on, however at present (as you have correctly identified) the bulk of discourse at present is politically-focused so that is what we've oriented the forum around.
Abernathy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 pm
Climate change is not a political issue? You think so?

Tried asking Donald Trump? Or Nigel Lawson. Or Piers Corbyn.......
It's a political issue when it should not be. The only thing that matters, with regards to climate science, is what the peer reviewed scientific journals say.
Kreuzberger wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm
If it wasn't for Brexit and Trump, surely climate change would be storming the political hit parade, no?
Sadly I heard a climate change political advocate getting it all wrong on the radio last week. Her heart was in the right place but science would not back up what she was saying.

Maybe this could back up my point.

The Trump Presidency

Not just satirists Nancy Pelosi has said the same […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can anyone spot the flaws in this plan? https:/[…]

The Group of Seven

Does anyone, anyone at all, see any strategic po[…]

The Sun

We reckon climbing trees is a lot more character-[…]