•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
If I said "Harry Potter was born on a train from Manchester to London" would anyone believe that I thought he was real?
Or we could remove all figures of speech, imagery and metaphor and converse in Newspeak.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
This was a YouTube video, presumably scripted in advance. Several centuries of a shared history and all he could come up with was a tenuous connection with a fictional character? One unknown to me and probably nearly everybody.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Meh, a wannabe pop star doing silly things in selective out takes. I don't believe that that BBC are playing the distraction game but every last Twitterer rabbiting on about him distracts from the foreign policy disaster that was May's decision to appoint him.

John Simpson, one of the few at the BBC who will come out of this decade with a scintilla of credibility intact, is currently quoting an ambassadorial source who is outing Johnson as, '...far & away the worst foreign secretary I’ve served under. Not stupid - I could have put up with that - but unashamedly lazy.’

Far from a few Dennis Norden-style You Tube vids, this is the real scandal.
youngian liked this

By Boiler
That's the thing: the whole 'idiot' thing is a front.

The lazy thing comes as no surprise at all; he's part of that entitled Etonian class whose position means they barely have to lift a finger to get what they want; it all falls into their lap. By far and away the most unpleasant aspect of his character is his narcissism. The need to leave a legacy beyond a collection of bastard children.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
In German, we have a word, schlau. In Italian, furbo.

It means "cunning" but with a poisonous seam of visceral malice which somehow manages to rise the top, more often than not.

(Seems like a reasonable moment to offer this to the conversation.)
Boiler liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 pm
John Simpson, one of the few at the BBC who will come out of this decade with a scintilla of credibility intact, is currently quoting an ambassadorial source who is outing Johnson as, '...far & away the worst foreign secretary I’ve served under. Not stupid - I could have put up with that - but unashamedly lazy.’
Not exactly surprising. Most of the modern day Tory front bench & it's wannabees salivate at the idea of power without taking responsibility. Heh, Cameron decided that he wanted to be the party leader simply because he thought he could make a decent go at being PM. Spoiler alert: the ending wasn't a happy one.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm
In German, we have a word, schlau. In Italian, furbo.

It means "cunning" but with a poisonous seam of visceral malice which somehow manages to rise the top, more often than not.

(Seems like a reasonable moment to offer this to the conversation.)
Not unrelated to cute-hoorism, I'd imagine.
spoonman liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Boris Johnson says he feels a deep sense of 'personal responsibility' for Brexit and Britain can do 'much better' than the PM's deal as he predicts May will suffer a big defeat on crunch vote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html

We hold you responsible too.
Richard Littlejohn

The deeply embarrassed, homo-erotically fixated, d[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Mr. Fenton covers both the ambulance story and […]

Toby Young

Translation: I bullied my kids. Must admit I […]

Biased BBC

Who do these uppity foreigners think they’re[…]