•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:38 pm
The day I resigned, I got on the train to go north from King’s Cross and as I got on the train everybody on the train congratulated me.

That didn't happen David. Even I don't acknowledge politicians on trains and I even know who they are.
Denis Healey spoke to me on the London Eastbourne train once. Only to ask if I knew why it had stopped unexpectedly.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:31 pm
David Davis On The Brexit Battle Ahead: 40 'Rock Solid' Rebels Are Ready To Vote May's Chequers Deal Down
Why is Davis so confident that his argument will win the day? The answer lies in the response from the public he says he’s had to his resignation. “The day I resigned, I got on the train to go north from King’s Cross and as I got on the train everybody on the train congratulated me.”
Congratulations. About time. You're fucking useless.
My wife was having a new kitchen installed, every time I came home on a Friday there would be a new set of builders, carpenters, decorators, carpet layers, and every single of one of them, without fail 100%, voted Leave. And as I turned up every single one of them raised it in conversation with me
Even the ones about immigration it wasn’t ‘we don’t want all these foreigners here’ it was ‘I haven’t had a pay increase for 10 years and it’s because lots of people have come in to compete on jobs’. A decorator said to me ‘
His reply? "I feel your pain. Increase your invoice by 50%,and I'll happily pay it.". Probably not.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 0dac2c1?fb_
Even Kim Jung-Un wouldn't would try and pull that story out of his arse to be reported on North Korean TV & radio.

Though Trump? Very possible.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
These are the skilled working classes, they run a business, they fill in VAT returns.

A decorator said to me ‘I don’t blame them if I was Polish I would come here too. I blame the politicians for allowing it to happen’.

If you're running a business with enough turnover to be VAT registered you're no longer working class. I understood Davis wanted to retain a deal to carry on selling services throughout the EU. Perhaps he thought he could get one where Britain exports services but can control all imports.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:57 pm
These are the skilled working classes, they run a business, they fill in VAT returns.

A decorator said to me ‘I don’t blame them if I was Polish I would come here too. I blame the politicians for allowing it to happen’.

If you're running a business with enough turnover to be VAT registered you're no longer working class. I understood Davis wanted to retain a deal to carry on selling services throughout the EU. Perhaps he thought he could get one where Britain exports services but can control all imports.
£85,000.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
My wife was having a new kitchen installed, every time I came home on a Friday there would be a new set of builders
A) He has a huge motherfucker of a kitchen.
B) They can't stand him and keep walking out.
C) They're incompetent and need replacing every week.
D) They're taking him for a ride. "You need a left handed asymmetric gunge filter there squire. My mate's an expert."
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Excerpt from David Davis diary:

"Back home from another hard week's drinking, I mean negotiating. Looks like the builders are in. Seem to be doing some work upstairs. Rhythmic pounding. Wife is shouting 'Yes, Yes, that's it! Just there!'. I must say, it's good to find workman who will move furniture for you as well as conduct repairs. Glad she's happy. Almost as much as last week when I heard that buzzing sound from the bedroom, which was her trying out the new power drill."

With apologies to the Mary Whitehouse Experience book.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
"Ah, but who is the real villain here, Stew? Me with my harmless vice, or is it the businessman in his suit and tie..."

"No, Rich. It's you."
lord_kobel, KevS liked this
Richard Littlejohn

The deeply embarrassed, homo-erotically fixated, d[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Mr. Fenton covers both the ambulance story and […]

Toby Young

Translation: I bullied my kids. Must admit I […]

Biased BBC

Who do these uppity foreigners think they’re[…]