Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 68.6 % :thumbsup: 4.1 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 17 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 1 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
He can't do simple messages of support because he cannot admit he is wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if Corbyn might make a shock resignation and walk away if (hopefully, when) it looks like May will cave and give everyone a second referendum rather than the GE that he won't win anyway. The only consistent thing that has happened throughout his leadership is that he has not wanted to take big decisions if he can let things happen around him. But this would be a decision he couldn't avoid, and the only option left would be to put Labour behind a people's vote. And if he has to support a people's vote, and hence a remain option, he'll have to admit he was wrong (if not in public, at least to himself).

In that scenario what would be more Corbyn than dodging responsibility, never having to admit you were wrong, and going right back to complaining from the back benches with his fan club never having to face the reality that he has wasted 2 years fighting to make everyone - and particularly the most vulnerable - worse off, and in that time managed next to nothing?
Boiler liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm
He can't do simple messages of support because he cannot admit he is wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if Corbyn might make a shock resignation and walk away if (hopefully, when) it looks like May will cave and give everyone a second referendum rather than the GE that he won't win anyway. The only consistent thing that has happened throughout his leadership is that he has not wanted to take big decisions if he can let things happen around him. But this would be a decision he couldn't avoid, and the only option left would be to put Labour behind a people's vote. And if he has to support a people's vote, and hence a remain option, he'll have to admit he was wrong (if not in public, at least to himself).

In that scenario what would be more Corbyn than dodging responsibility, never having to admit you were wrong, and going right back to complaining from the back benches with his fan club never having to face the reality that he has wasted 2 years fighting to make everyone - and particularly the most vulnerable - worse off, and in that time managed next to nothing?
I thought he might do that, but electing Labour leaders takes yonks.

He's very cunningly, with his "personal view", made it much harder for Labour to run on Remain if a referendum happens. What a guy.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Electing labour leaders does take yonks, but the thing worth bearing in mind is that he clearly doesn’t give a shit about procedure or consequences when it doesn’t suit him.

More democracy? Brilliant. But they want to do something I don’t agree with? Fuck them, I’m in charge.

Hopeless cause that’s achingly right on but totally unwinnable? Cancel all my appointments, I’m there. Biggest march since the Iraq war protests and a chance to take the lead role in opposing a hateful right-wing project? Sorry, I’m in Belgium that day.
lord_kobel liked this
The Sun

November 4, 2008 will probably take some beating.

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/110804014838[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

LBC is a good gauge of Brexit opinion. The madder […]

I note that neon-Nazi James Goddard and his yellow[…]