Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 44.7 % ❤ 2.8 % :thumbsup: 6.4 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.5 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 2 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Their big idea is that if the PM announces an election this would mean dissolving Parliament and as such stopping them actually being able to do anything about stopping Brexit.
Missed that. I made the Mailite mistake of only reading the headline.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So the Brexiters were desperate to prevent a vote happening they knew they'd lose?

Rings a bell does that, trying to place it...

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:10 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Their big idea is that if the PM announces an election this would mean dissolving Parliament and as such stopping them actually being able to do anything about stopping Brexit.
Missed that. I made the Mailite mistake of only reading the headline.
She can't though.
However, a vote of no confidence in the government, or a vote of two thirds of the House of Commons, can still trigger a general election at any time. Fixed-term Parliaments, where general elections ordinarily take place in accordance with a schedule set far in advance, were part of the Conservative–Liberal Democrat coalition agreement
I can't see Parliament doing that.

By Biggus Robbus
May is utterly vile with regards to her dishonesty.

An utterly soulless reprehensible creature. I have hated many politicians in my time but in terms of sheer dishonesty.

If I was still British I would vote to leave the Westminster system and pass rule to the EU. The EU are pretty bad but considering the stench of human shit that makes up the UK government then I would take EU rule any day.
youngian liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Health department signs two contracts to store drugs under ‘no-deal’ Brexit
Officials hope third contract for warehousing will be signed shortly, with total cost of £10m

Following queries by the Guardian, the Department of Health said that two contracts for warehousing had been signed shortly before Christmas and a third is expected to be signed “in the very near future”. It is understood officials hope this will be in the coming days or weeks.

Seaborne Warehousing?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eal-brexit

I'm not convinced that manufacturers can ramp up production just like that
Biggus Robbus liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
UK faces prospect of no Brexit if May's deal rejected, says Hunt

Hunt insisted there was only one issue causing the deadlock over May’s deal and that was the backstop mechanism, designed to ensure there was no return to a hard border on the island of Ireland.

He said the deadlock could be broken if the UK gained legally binding assurances from the EU that the backstop would be a temporary arrangement.
That was obvious before the Referendum, but Brexiters refused to accept that the Irish border would actually become a border between the UK and the EU.
And that the EU wouldn't be stupid enough to give such a legally binding assurance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -says-hunt

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The fact the narrative seems to have switched in the last few days to "vote this down and No Brexit is likely" indicates to me No.10 clearly feels the pro-Brexit lot are more open to backing the deal and than the Remainers.
The Trump Presidency

Completely unhinged. https://twitter.com/realDo[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

To be fair Steve Bray is an annoying twat as are[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

So this spokesperson is someone simply motivated b[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Marine A allegedly executed an injured prisoner […]