Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 32.6 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 17.6 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 29.4 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 2.9 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Catkins wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:11 pm
The chairman and officers of my local association demand that I submit to the views of the most extreme Brexiteers in our party, many of whom are former members of UKIP and only joined the Conservative Party in the last few months.
I read the Boles statement last night and this comment stood out. Entryists. I wonder if enough have made it into Remain-MPs' local associations to trigger and win deselection competitions.
The thought occurred to me as well. Meanwhile if these bastards want a fight give them one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ard-brexit
Snowflake, Catkins liked this
I'm wondering if hope lies with May if and when her deal fails because, bizarrely, a referendum is the one way in which she can outfox Corbyn.

She can swerve us out of the No Deal car crash and by taking the lead, can say that she saved us from it. Corbyn gets no credit whatsoever with Remainers for not leading even an extremely belated attempt to put it back to the people. Her political career at the top is nearly over, she stands down having said she tried to give us Brexit with all she had but her hands were tied. A Leaver becomes the next Conservative leader and promises to rally Leavers behind him or her stating that the Brexit process failed because of Remainers.

Corbyn is enfeebled, weakened and destroyed in the eyes of Remainers, he stands not a hope of attracting Leavers to him in an election, his position as leader becomes weaker, the Tories stand a better chance of straight out winning the next GE and we end up out of the Brexit economic mess if another referendum turns up a Remain result.
Dan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 pm
I'm wondering if hope lies with May if and when her deal fails because, bizarrely, a referendum is the one way in which she can outfox Corbyn.

She can swerve us out of the No Deal car crash and by taking the lead, can say that she saved us from it. Corbyn gets no credit whatsoever with Remainers for not leading even an extremely belated attempt to put it back to the people. Her political career at the top is nearly over, she stands down having said she tried to give us Brexit with all she had but her hands were tied. A Leaver becomes the next Conservative leader and promises to rally Leavers behind him or her stating that the Brexit process failed because of Remainers.

Corbyn is enfeebled, weakened and destroyed in the eyes of Remainers, he stands not a hope of attracting Leavers to him in an election, his position as leader becomes weaker, the Tories stand a better chance of straight out winning the next GE and we end up out of the Brexit economic mess if another referendum turns up a Remain result.
And, to use the quote attributed to the Spartans:

"If."
EU preparing to delay Brexit until at least July

Brussels expecting UK request to extend 29 March deadline, with May’s deal on brink
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... least-july
All Theresa May needs to do is to say "Right. I've sweated protein for nearly three years to get the best withdrawal deal that anybody reasonably could, but no fucker wants it. And leaving without a deal goes down like a cup of cold diaorreah with everybody, too. And people keep saying that if we ask them to vote again in another referendum they'll take it as a mortal slight to democracy and start building barricades. So here's what I've decided as your Prime Minister - you know, the sort of head of the whole country ? Brexit is just too much trouble for practically no visible return. And it's fucking impossible to do it in any way that people are ever going to be happy with. We've been in the EU for about 45 years, and generally, it's really not that bad. So in my view, the best thing is to forget all about Brexit. It's an act of sheer folly that we as a country really can't afford to spend any more time on.

So I'm going to revoke our article 50 notification right away, and we can then get on with sorting out our actual problems - fuck knows we've got enough of them.

Don't agree? Outside. Now. You cunt. "

As the meerkat says, seemples.
lord_kobel, Malcolm Armsteen, AOB and 1 others liked this
She won't do it though, her speech last night post vote was like she hadn't even listened, I'm not sure if it was prepared for a loss of 50 but it didn't seem to take on board anything.

Banging on about uncertainty for EU citizens living in the UK? Seriously? That uncertainty is down to her and her government.

Her only half decent thing was suggesting Corbyn go for the vote so basically fluxoing the Labour position, the rest was embarrassing.
We have a stock of half-a-dozen tins of corned beef, one tin of pressed ham and a wincy tin of chicken breast. We did have a couple of tins of Fray Bentos Steak 'n' Kidney pie but I gave into temptation and we ate them a few weeks ago.
mattomac liked this

[/quote] SunLife one, that is. At the start of the[…]

Priti Patel

A lecture on patriotism from disgraced ex-minister[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

"Army stuff" was a factor, I believe.

Labour, Generally.

I mean, fucking hell. Go and pick some litter up o[…]