Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 27.3 % :thumbsup: 22.7 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 13.6 % 🧥 9.1 % :cry: 22.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:40 pm
As part of my citizenship civics test I had to list states rights which included

Issuing a driver's license
Providing fire and police services
Zoning and land use
Providing schools and education

Nowt about black people
Usually falls under zoning and land use.
Also police service.
Back in the 1950s the fire service also got involved.

By Biggus Robbus
There's a guy called Ralph Northam, Governor of Virginia, who has, allegedly been caught blackfacing next to another guy in a KKK hat, from his time at medical school.

Apparently he admitted blackfacing then retracted that he was the guy in this picture. He said he remembered blackfacing as Michael Jackson at a dance competition.

I am sorry. I lost it guys. This is a serious matter but however.....

Apparently as he was publicly claiming that he was impersonating Michael Jackson in a dance contest, when the First Lady of Virginia had to stop him from trying to moondance to make his point.

I really tried to not find anything funny in that at all. I let myself down however, most of all, I let you down.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yeah he is stoking that narrative, he did it at the last election.

He said he would accept a Democrat win last time out. Question is could he legitimately stay put, the Supreme court is in his favour? Would they die on that particular hill, or will the Republicans ditch him before (The chance for that is probably within a 7 month window now).

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
What racist shit is this?
Two US citizens are suing US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) after they were detained in Montana for speaking Spanish.

Ana Suda and Martha Hernandez were held by a CBP officer last May after he heard them speaking Spanish in a grocery store...

..."Speaking Spanish is not against the law," ACLU staff attorney Cody Wofsy wrote in a press release, arguing this CBP action "reflects an out-of-control agency emboldened by a vehemently anti-immigrant administration."

The lawsuit seeks to stop the CBP from detaining anyone without cause for speaking Spanish or for their accent, as well as compensatory and punitive damages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47249977

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Britain: "Nobody can come up with as many metaphors for our mad political state as we can for Brexit!"
USA: "Hold my Budweiser..."

By Biggus Robbus
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 pm
If they think Hispanic people are sneaking in via Montana, those are bloody determined immigrants.
They do make their way North. Less ICE activity the further away from the border they get.

Plenty of undocumented immigrants here in Michigan. They are kind enough to pick my fruit and vegetables for me, for low wages that keeps prices low. They are not drug dealers, criminals or rapists either. Once they get a chance to cook their cuisine is out of this world. Only way I can get suet or ox tongue is because of Latin American immigrants.

There are a few latina women where I work. I do my best to stop my tongue falling out on the floor.
Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.