Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 4 % 😯 2 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 2 % 😟 2 % :shit: 14 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm
Chavez was a populist, a left wing populist, but a populist nonetheless.

Just like the rest of the left wing populists that are also ruining Latin America.

Oh for the days of having the "elite" in charge.
They have a far right one in Brazil.
mattomac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm
They have a far right one in Brazil.
Yeah he appears to tick the boxes. The thing about most right wing populists though is they seem to be too thick to fully understand the concept of populism, with the possible exceptions of Erdogan and Orban.
The thing about most right wing populists though is they seem to be too thick to fully understand the concept of populism.

“What’s wrong with being popular?” is their main retort. A bit like Nigel Tufnel defending allegations of sexism on Spinal Tap album covers; “What’s wrong with being sexy?”
I believe that back in his Express days, Paul Thomas did a cartoon of Fargle saying precisely that.
youngian liked this
Speaking of Lidl.... This took me 5 seconds to find on their front page.
NEW LIVING WAGE ANNOUNCEMENT
We believe that our workforce is amongst the most talented and hard-working in the industry.

That’s why we’re so happy to confirm that we’re once again adopting the new living wage rates. From the 1st March 2019, our entry level wages will increase from £8.75 to £9.00 per hour outside of London and £10.20 to £10.55 per hour within the M25. We’ll also increase all other hourly paid levels, to ensure that everyone benefits from the new rates.

To all our colleagues across the business - keep up the great work!
That is the Real Living wage as opposed to the one Osborne brought it. I knew they have constantly paid more than the UK Supermarkets in general so I'd like to know to who and where they lowered wages?
On the Radio

Listening to The Reunion (partly) on Radio 4 w[…]

Boris Johnson

Now then. https://twitter.com/PhilipHammondUK/sta[…]

Labour, Generally.

On a similar note I've seen many comments to the e[…]

The Northern Irish thread

Well, one bus company in Ballymena would appear to[…]