•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:44 pm
'The man is out of his mind': MoD workers slam Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson's 'crazy' plans for guns on TRACTORS, ferries as landing craft and missile systems disguised as Coke lorries
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... risis.html

It worked for the A Team
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I can't decide with the Williamson story whether or not it has come out because he has upset senior officials in his department or whether certain parts of the media have got it in for him. He does seem to have a bit of a history of upsetting officials so it could well be a hit job from his department but equally as a former chief whip he has probably got plenty of dirt to dish on the likes of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg, By making him the subject of ridicule the right wing press probably believe they can neutralise Williamson ahead of a leadership contest which could happen very soon.
By Andy McDandy
Fuck me, he'll be doing a Littlejohn and banging on about his bacon banjos next.

In fact, there's a point. Have he and Aidan "stop with the multiculturalism and play some Stones" Burley ever been seen together?

By MisterMuncher
He's Instagramming his dinner. Isn't that all a bit soft and millennial and fruity for such a manly man?

(and, no harm, if I'd cooked that I wouldn't look down while I ate, much less let anyone else see that of the three elements involved, the only one I could manage not to utterly fuck up was frozen oven chips. Have a fucking word with yourself, gav.)

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
I wouldn't put that on a plate, let alone take a picture of it. Says it all about the values and standards of Tories, in my opinion. Satsified with shit if it's cheap.

Me, I had six oysters and a fried egg sandwich for m'tea.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
RUSI. I did some work for them a while ago on the back of some pro bono help for a leading charity in Scotland that I was involved with. That's how these things work; prove your committent at the heart of the establishment and then a mail comes in out of the blue. (Apologies if I am teaching anyone to suck eggs.)

It was twenty years ago but I needed the money and was naive to this particular world, even though I had been working on COI business which, equally naively, I had thought was at the heart of the machine. Anyway.

They are polite people. Extraordinarily well versed and connected people. They smile, they are acerbically witty, they serve a decent port. There is no apparent hierarchy. There are/were firearms on the premises. They probably move in circles that you and I have never heard of - "probably", because I really don't know.

If there is such as thing as the Deep State, there is no doubt in my mind that RUSI could quite conceivably be the fixers, if called upon. They have people in Africa.

Quite what they make of Williamson with his lethality and mass is not difficult to fathom. A Secretary of State needs to be heard but neccessarily listened to, and work will already be in place to reassure both allies and enemies that there is nothing to see here. These guys all have a deep, brutal and unerring respect for each other.

Their view of a fireplace philanderer interrupting the port will be altogether different.
Timbo liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Chinese envoy hits back at Williamson's 'gunboat diplomacy'

Ambassador to UK accuses ‘certain British politician’ of hyping up the ‘China threat’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -diplomacy

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Former Army head Lord Dannatt blasts ministers for allowing IRA's political wing to 'rewrite history' as minister proposes 10-year limit on prosecutions of veterans
General Lord Dannatt told the Sunday Express: 'I believe this is part of a wider Sinn Fein agenda to rewrite history to create the narrative that Crown Forces were oppressive and that people were fighting for their rights.
That's not rewriting history.
A criminal investigation began following the 12-year inquiry led by Lord Saville, which ended in 2010
Two years longer than Pike's proposed 10 year limit. As with many historic cases, the cause is the authorities concealing the truth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... story.html
Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.