Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 63.3 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 4.2 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 21.3 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.7 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm
I sometimes wonder whether he just supports the last thing Milne tells him, or whether he's got some random ideas generator device he switches on whenever the mood takes.
This is the problem. Corbyn doesn't dare fart without checking with Seumas first if it's okay.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:33 pm
Of course if Labour genuinely did oppose No Deal it would back the Cherry amendment which seeks to make Revoke the default in the event we get to within 48 hours of No Deal
The Cherry amendment failed by 109 votes.

110 Labour MPs abstained.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Taking the fight to the Tories while they’re on their knees
Fighting forty year old battles. Nottingham Forest were the best team in Europe then. We had three TV channels. David Cameron was twelve.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
That tweet was just astounding, even for him. Bitter, petty, indicative of someone totally out of touch with modern Britain, and - in the circumstances of his still pursuing some form of Brexit as an ideal, which would be a gift to the Tories - gobsmackingly hypocritical and tin eared.

By Abernathy
mattomac wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 pm
It wasn’t young people who swung him to power it was the next two generations up.
"Swung him to power"? What power?

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 pm
It wasn’t young people who swung him to power it was the next two generations up.
Swung him to a slightly better 2nd place than was expected. :)

But shhh. We’re all supposed to forget it was the centrist dads and melts and tactical non-Tory votes who delivered. Jeremy is the vanguard of a new politics and that’s why you don’t believe polls blah blah blah.

By Tubby Isaacs
Mixed feelings here.

The Tories have made an even bigger mess than I thought. Jez got that right, Labour havent been bounced into supporting the deal or abstaing. "Heartland" MPs are right not to support the deal because its very important for their seats that the customs union gets locked in. Voting for May's deal would mean chucking away leverage.

So well done Labour on that score. But they need to be further on with the single market and Remain.

By Oblomov
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:08 pm
davidjay wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm
I sometimes wonder whether he just supports the last thing Milne tells him, or whether he's got some random ideas generator device he switches on whenever the mood takes.
This is the problem. Corbyn doesn't dare fart without checking with Seumas first if it's okay.
Is this the origin of Jezza's ideas? I was myopically attributing them to rose-tinted nostalgia of 1970/80s industry struggles.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Is this the origin of Jezza's ideas? I was myopically attributing them to rose-tinted nostalgia of 1970/80s industry struggles.

Corbyn and Milne both follow Cold War era liberationist theory and anti-Western nationalism; All Western intervention and advancement through international institutionalism (EU, NATO for eg) is seen as imperialist expansion responsible for world poverty and the global power imbalance. While those, whether state actors or 'freedom fighters,' that stand as a bulwark against this trend are seen as legitimate responses to imperialism. Or worth fellow travelling with. All this is gobbledegook to Millenials in Momentum and its not surprising they believe Corbyn accused of laying wreaths for terrorists who machine gun Olympic athletes in cold blood is a hoax. Basically these two are still 1968 students although Jez left college after reading 10 pages of Satre and giving up.

By bluebellnutter
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:46 pm
He got to page 10 ?
Page 1 - publisher blurb
Page 2 - blank
Page 3 - Title Page
Page 4 - blank
Page 5 - Contents
Page 6 - blank
Page 7 - Dedication