Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 45 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 7.5 % 😯 2.5 % :grinning: 30 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 3.8 % :cry: 3.8 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:13 pm
11% of the population supporting a party with an openly racist leader who appoints violent criminals to positions of authority isn't cause for rejoicing.
Very true, but personally I'd far rather have those idiots out in the open where we can clearly see them parading under their own banner, rather than artificially boosting the Tory % share as per the past few years. Anything which causes the Tory electoral coalition to unravel is a good thing IMO.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:13 pm
11% of the population supporting a party with an openly racist leader who appoints violent criminals to positions of authority isn't cause for rejoicing.
Better than them voting Tory though. With any luck the Brexit Party will fragment the racist nutter vote even more.
Arrowhead, Oblomov, Samanfur liked this

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On Radio 4 there was an item on the wave of knife crime affecting London and other English cities, and the discussion turned to the holistic approach towards the problem, treating it basically in terms of it being a sort of problem of public health, taken by Glasgow, which has had some success with this approach.

An expert talking head was asked whether this could work, and her reply was that it must work. However, it depended on multi-agency co-ordination. For example, across the housing, prisons, education, social work, policing and local government sectors. There needs to be housing for offenders leaving prison. There needs to be rehabilitation programmes in prisons. There needs to be a re-building of community cohesion. There needs to be youth workers guiding our kids.

Pondering the notion that what is needed is for all of these things to be - well, just adequate, really, just properly functioning, I found my self thinking that basically, we have the problems that we do with knife crime because everything is shit. The resources we need for all of those things have left them falling short of what is needed at every single level.

At the most basic level, that's the explanation. And why is everything shit? Because for 10 years, government, Tory/Lib Dem and then Brexity Tory, has made it so. Austerity, then wasting billions on acting out some idiotic Tory anti-European ideological fantasy instead of addressing the real needs of people. A self-destructive charge towards everything being deliberately made even more shit than it is already. And as a bonus, an upsurge in racism, xenophobia, and far right terrorism (MPs facing routine death threats and even an actual MP being actually murdered).

I hate it. I hate everything being so shit. And I hate that it was deliberately made so utterly shit because that's what Tories do, but that this bunch had done it with fucking knobs on.

I hate it so much, I've become gibberingly incoherent.
Malcolm Armsteen, oboogie, Zuriblue and 4 others liked this
Daily Express headline today

I then spotted this example of the Benchmark of Qu[…]

Diane Abbott

Fenton in full deflection mode there.

Claire Fox

I knew what Claire Fox was going to say on AQs a[…]

The Biased BBC

https://twitter.com/JMPSimor/status/11193573806161[…]