Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 30.8 % :thumbsup: 7.7 % 😯 7.7 % :grinning: 38.5 % 🧥 7.7 % :cry: 7.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Either the YouGov poll yesterday was a massive outlier or this is

Someone reputable pointed out that YouGov were re-polling 2014 voters. It’s reasonable to assume Remain has traction to increase turnout. The only near cert is the Tories getting a spanking from both ends.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:50 pm
Either the YouGov poll yesterday was a massive outlier or this is

Someone reputable pointed out that YouGov were re-polling 2014 voters. It’s reasonable to assume Remain has traction to increase turnout. The only near cert is the Tories getting a spanking from both ends.
lord_kobel liked this

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Also, forgive me, but: he ain't gonna be negotiating with anyone, and even if he was, international treaties covering EVERYTHING (according to Brexiteers, no less, as Brussels controls everything...) aren't the same as 'business deals'. What is it with people falling for shysters on the very issues they should watch out for them on? E.g. Trump is so obviously a blowhard, unreliable, self-interested and one-dimensional 'businessman', but he's also 'omg legit 4D chess on Korea wait what day is it'. Idiots.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
So they got Ann Widdecombe. What a coup... :roll:

'Nigel Farage is second only to Thatcher': Tory defector Ann Widdecombe heaps praise on Brexit Party founder and vows to help him deliver a 'seismic shock' to Britain
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Party.html

What's absolutely bizarre is something she said in an interview this morning, and what many do say:

"Farage is one of the most successful politicians of all time".

I'm really not sure how these people keep making this comment with a straight face when talking about a man who has failed 7 times(?) to be elected.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I mean...he simply tapped into the fears and anger of a certain demographic of voters with a hell of a lot of help from the British press and tv media. I guess you could say he was canny but 'successful' as a politician? I'm not convinced. A lot of people could have done what he's done but they haven't simply because they aren't facist rabble rousers with no care about what they're unleashing.
Jeremy Hunt

Preferring Katie Hopkins to an elected official. […]

Labour, Generally.

I'd love a confirmatory vote if it were offered. H[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1140621530046[…]

That Time Of Year Again.... (Two)

Whilst no doubt completely ignoring the coked-[…]