Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.9 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 11 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
I can't see what harm she has done, it's a victimless crime. The problem is that it's illegal and everyone is equal under the law.
Is there any provision within that law for discretion to distinguish between an MP drinking a mojito and Joe Public knocking back a bottle of vodka? If not, I can see this feeding the "One law for us, another for the Westminster elite" trope which would help nobody.
Timbo liked this

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:02 pm
I can't see what harm she has done, it's a victimless crime. The problem is that it's illegal and everyone is equal under the law.
It's not illegal. She broke the condition of carriage, but that's not against the law. Any more than having a rave in the quiet carriage is.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm
oboogie wrote:
It's not illegal. She broke the condition of carriage, but that's not against the law. Any more than having a rave in the quiet carriage is.
I see, I must have misremembered. I thought Johnson got drinking on TfL banned when he was Mayor.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:54 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm
oboogie wrote:
I see, I must have misremembered. I thought Johnson got drinking on TfL banned when he was Mayor.
He did but it was under the condition of carriage. There is no actual law against it, hence why the punishment is being kicked off and a fine.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:22 pm
My journey home yesterday was seriously affected by a bunch of drunken youths. At least, unlike some I've experienced in the past, they weren't violent.
Sadly I have, and with varying amounts of intimidation :( Once upon a time when I used to get the last train out of the Cross, it was pretty much a rolling dormitory for railway staff at the end of their shift. Then a former industrial estate in Stevenage got turned into a leisure complex aimed squarely at the yoof market, and things got bad :(

Now I just hope I'm not going to encounter stoners and pissheads on the roads home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-47955311

That was on the slip road leading to where my mother-in-law lives.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
My journey home yesterday was seriously affected by a bunch of drunken youths. At least, unlike some I've experienced in the past, they weren't violent.
But that's covered by pre-existing laws. I'm not sure how much impact Abbott had on her fellow passengers.

By Biggus Robbus
I cannot remember the last time I was on public transport unless you include flying. I went to Florida on my jollies last year.

Oh I remember the New York Subway in 2016. The trick on there is to put a couple of shots in your BK or McD drink and take it on the subway. I witnessed a guy getting the barmaid to do this for him.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
But that's covered by pre-existing laws. I'm not sure how much impact Abbott had on her fellow passengers.
Yeah, that's being drunk and disorderly. Abbott wasn't being that.

I don't get why drinking on trains can be not only OK, but an important revenue stream, but drinking on a tube is criminal.

Have you seen theold-age insurance ad, set in Yo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn faced a fresh crisis last night afte[…]

Boris Johnson

How can Patel be brought back after the last time?[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't quite get the problem with that cartoon,[…]