There's some Wimbledon related Crossrail 2 chat BTL on here
https://www.londonreconnections.com/201 ... an-option/
NGH 17 September 2015 at 14:24
Re PoP & Timbeau
NR want 2 Thameslink Platforms…
The surface safeguarding limit (i.e. of possible demolition / modification includes:
See page 6&7 of this pdf:
– All the existing station including district line
– a slice of Centre Court shopping centre enough for another platform island, and the car park ramp and Queens Road Church (modern office style building)
– Everything on the slab /road bridge over the track including the shops to the west (Next, WHSmith) and Wimbledon Bridge House.
– Orinoco lane (aka the taxi rank road to the north of the district line)
– the shops between Orinocco Lane and Alexandra Road (i.e. HSBC etc)
– all commercial property south of Alexandra Road (Magistrates Court, Waitrose and the former Diy shop…)
That is a lot of space.
This poster seems pretty respected generally (tough crowd) but it may be out of date.