:sunglasses: 42.7 % ❤ 1.9 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 49.5 % 🧥 1.9 % :cry: 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
The highest-rated SYB comment on the BBC piece at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48290760
Screenshot_2019-05-16 May agrees timetable to choose new PM.png
Screenshot_2019-05-16 May agrees timetable to choose new PM.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Take a bow, Man who can't spell 'Maths'.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Yes, I know that she is the architect of her own downfall.

Yes, I know that sheer pig-headedness has made her reject every lifeboat.

And, yes, I know they did it to Miliband.

But this is just fucking outrageous bullying. Any cunt can sit there, rattling off a dozen frames a second to humiliate their prey. Snivelling cowards.

"Daddy, what did you do at work today?"
Attachments
may-bullying.jpg
may-bullying.jpg (108.64 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Yep, that's always been a tabloid tactic that's a particular pet hate of mine. On Mail Online you can tell what their views on a person are just by looking at the photo they've selected without even needing to read the words. Utterly fucking childish.
Timbo, Arrowhead, Oblomov liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:29 pm
Yep, that's always been a tabloid tactic that's a particular pet hate of mine. On Mail Online you can tell what their views on a person are just by looking at the photo they've selected without even needing to read the words. Utterly fucking childish.
Indeed. It's been a ploy for a long time now, initially employed to reinforce tabloid stereotypes surrounding (usually young female) celebrities, but used increasingly in modern times to frame a political narrative, as we are seeing today.

The likes of Charlotte Church and Sadie Frost used to be regular celebrity targets, and probably still are. It's lazy journalism, which is probably why it appeals to unscrupulous tabloid editors so much. Just post a paparazzi photographer outside a busy London nightclub frequented by said sleb, patiently wait until she eventually wanders outside to catch a taxi home, stick a camera in her face, take a million snaps then go with the ones catching her mid-blink. What we are seeing today with the Theresa May snaps is a very similar thing.

I wonder if there is an actual term used to describe the practice?
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A few years ago someone asked the Times, via their letters page, why there was so much focus on women MPs appearance and dress, but not on men's. The reply, via editorial column, was "trust us, if David Cameron wears a dress, we'll comment on it". All a fucking game, overgrown bloody schoolboys.
Timbo liked this

Have you seen theold-age insurance ad, set in Yo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn faced a fresh crisis last night afte[…]

Boris Johnson

How can Patel be brought back after the last time?[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't quite get the problem with that cartoon,[…]