•  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:52 pm
They have been busy today. On my doormat this afternoon:

A lying pool of dribble from the Tories telling me what a great job their MEPs are doing - bin.

A leaflet from the Greens begging for my vote - put to one side to read before binning

A functionally illiterate pile of crap from the Manfrog Appreciation Party - bin.

An offensive steaming bucket of shite from the English Democrats* - bin.

*Talk about Brexit enabling Fascism - this is the first I've heard of that bunch of turds since the 2010 GE.

(Apologies for any typos in this post. After handling the last-mentioned two I've had to cleanse my hands with fire!)
I hope that's the recycling bin for the Greens

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Just came on to post the graph of that one. The interesting thing is it shows progressive parties (inc. Labour) at 48%, with regressive (inc. Tories) at 47%. The 6% other is the key. I can only assume it's made up primarily of Plaid Cymru and the SNP, in which case the puported uprising of the 'silent majority' isn't quite what it appears.

If we charitably assume two-thirds of the 6% are for progressive Nats, then we have a 52/48 balance, which, I understand is irrefutably the expressed will of the people which must not be questioned.

EU Parliament election time series 19-21 May-01.png
EU Parliament election time series 19-21 May-01.png (168.58 KiB) Viewed 449 times
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:19 am
That resonates with previous polls as to how much of the Remainer vote Labour’s bleeding.

This one’s a bit of an outlier with Labour now staring at fourth place.
I think Yougov are overegging it, but yeah regardless what poll you look at Labour are in trouble. PLP must act post election, it cannot go on, the future of democracy is at danger.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Shame it's only ComRes who are polling the hypothetical Labour Remain position. But looks like a big miscalculation. The Corbyn fans are making a lot of "defeat Farage". Well, get a better policy and a better leader. It's not the voters' fault.
Boiler, Timbo, oboogie and 1 others liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Another Milkshake Attack. This time on a veteran.

Yob pelts Brexit party supporting army veteran with MILKSHAKE outside polling station
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... SHAKE.html

"MILKSHAKE".

Yes, Daily Mail. It's been milkshake every single time. You don't need to denote shock and surprise when it's something that isn't shocking or surprising anymore. They never have grasped the capitalisation of words.

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Hope you're not reading Jewish Voice For Labour. […]

The Trump Presidency

Not racist. No siree. https://twitter.com/jonlis[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Chris Mullin's classic has had an update to its fr[…]

Labour, Generally.

16th July, 2019, 2:29 pm LabourList readers back […]