Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.6 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 31 % 🧥 2.6 % 🙏 2.6 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I might be missing the point here, but I don't understand who this offer is aimed at in order to get her deal through? Surely she wants to get the hard, No Deal Brexiters onside? How is offering the chance to potentially kill Brexit going to convince them to vote for her deal?

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
So...eat the shit sandwich, then you can have the truffles.
May says her Brexit bill will include a requirement to hold a vote on whether or not to have a second referendum.

May says this means, if MPs want a second referendum, they must vote for the bill.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... 6183373439

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
All of these commitments will be guaranteed in law – so they will endure at least for this parliament.
1. Vote the deal through
2. May resigns, new PM
3. New PM calls election
4. New PM reneges on all agreements

More like "eat the shit sandwich and you might get the truffles (but probably won't)".

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
visage wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 pm
If Labour vote for it then it passes.....

Yes, fair point. Although if it does pass I can very much see Corbyn trot out the "respect the 1st referendum" mantra and MP's will vote down a 2nd Referendum. Hopefully people will foresee that because May might have played a decent move here.
Yeah, it's obviously a massive heffalump trap. Vote my deal through, and you can have a vote on a referendum of non-defined things, possibly. Or just vote it down and you can vote to have one anyway without having tied yourself into my shitty deal along the way, she didn't add and is probably REALLY hoping no one notices.

Let's just hope no one really fucking stupid who wants brexit whose name may or may not sound a bit like 'bury me whorebin' falls for it...

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Largely gone unnoticed today but the post-Loathsome reshuffle has taken place
Mel Stride, the Treasury minister, will become leader of the Commons.

Jesse Norman, the transport minister, will replace Stride as financial secretary to the Treasury and paymaster general.

Michael Ellis, a culture minister, replaces Norman as transport minister.

And Rebecca Pow joins the government, replacing Ellis as culture minister.
Mel Stride is apparently a key ally of Michael Gove. Which is as interesting as you want it to be.
Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.