•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By WTF?
Oblomov wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:58 pm
Still registered at my parents place so I'm trekking over there to cast my vote, it's one of the outermost boroughs of Greater London so I'm not sure if it'll count as London or one of the regional areas.

Me da's probably hidden my polling card anyway in an effort to cease my left-wing onslaught :roll:
More power to yer left wing onslaught, Mr. O!

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
WTF? wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm
Timbo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:47 pm
"The irony is he’s from a generation who taught real facists for democracy so that woke millennials could try and call anyone who wants to exercise their democratic rights a racist. The inversion continues..."

That is just so bad. Taught? Was he aiming for fought? Inversion? Invasion, anyone?
*maths pedant alert* Anyone who fought real Fascists was at least 18 in 1945 and is therefore now at least 92. How old do we think the gentleman pictured is?

By Oblomov
To paraphrase David Mitchell:

He didn't fight the Germans for our sake, he got evacuated to the countryside for our sake.

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
Voted Lib Dem. Would have liked to vote green but East Midlands is relatively small with only five seats up for grabs and Brexit will be taking the lion's share so it was a straight split between Lab and LD and I can't get behind Corbyn and his Brexit stance. With a bit of luck though, the Tories will lose both their seats, which would be nice.
oboogie, Boiler liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
DeniedMyVote: EU election day chaos as British expats can't vote due to forms arriving late while EU citizens in UK are turned away at polls
Brits living overseas elsewhere in the EU have not been sent voting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -vote.html

Makes you wonder if it's just a coincidence that only those likely to be Remainers have been disenfranchised.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Job done earlier today (next to the doctor's, they wanted even more blood, the vampire bastards), and the usual race between rising bile and rising preference numbers ensued.

Surprised that the Kippers and Tories even waste their time fielding a candidate, TBH. Lack of independent madmen to add colour to the occasion, too.

It remains to be seen how far the horrendous video tweeted by Dianne Dodds reached before she deleted it, and all mention of it. Basically, using images of the troubles for a "we survived worse/bring it on" montage. Howlingly bad taste.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
According to the local press he is 81 years old.
Parachute Regiment in 1960 and went on to serve in Cyprus and Berlin as well as being a member of the Red Devils display team
I take no pleasure at all from this, there are no points to be gained from "never served in a real war" when idiots are attacking old men.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
I don't care how old he is, whether he served in a real war or is reformed junkie window cleaner, or even that he is actively campaigning to fuck up my life at that of millions of others. What trumps everything is the old saying, pick on someone your own size.

If this is as reported, it is simply inexcusable.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Yep. Save it for the high profile rabble rousers who are an actual danger. Farage, Robinson, Carl etc.

Don't get me wrong, some of the most vile, abusive and racist people I've encountered over the last 2 years or so have been in the 70+ range. Age certainly does not automatically command respect, but there is a line. Leave them to rant away to themselves and focus on the ring leaders.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
The major point that is being missed about the bloke getting a milkshake thrown at him at a poll station is that the only people allowed to wear a rosette at a polling station are candidates and agents. It seems that the Brexit party believes that it is exempt from electoral laws.
lord_kobel liked this
By-Elections

The right-hand side fluttering like that suggests […]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

Well, he's deleted it now. Which is what I would d[…]

Boris Johnson

They're Tories. If it means the survival of their […]

Toby Young

Toby was on GMB this morning defending Boris, my s[…]