•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We received a Brexit, Labour, Plaid and LibDem leaflets. We also had s LibDem canvasser wearing a jauntily-cocked straw boater who manfully made it up our steep drive.

Mixed news on voting from Chez Mayle. Unfortunately Mrs Mayle is in hospital and missed out on voting so the results are:

Daley Mayle: LibDems
Mrs Mayle Snr: Plaid Cymru

Me mam at one stage refused to go and vote but I reminded her that someone chucked themselves under the King's horse for her. She can't stand the EU and voted Leave and said that she no longer trusted politicians (she's 90 and only just realised) I said that she should show her outrage by spoiling the ballot slip. But, as reported, she voted Plaid Cymru not realising that they are a Remain Party. Best say nothing, eh?
Arrowhead, mattomac, AOB liked this

By Oblomov
AOB wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:43 am
I'm disappointed that the only two leaflets I received during the run-up to this vote were from UKIP and The Brexit Party. I've no idea if this was a similar situation throughout the UK, it would be a concern if it was. So many casual voters would have no idea of which parties were pro-Remain. We here on MW keep our eye on politics to varying degrees and are aware, but it's easy to understand that so many people out there would have no idea whatsoever that the Lib Dems and Greens are Remainers. The Brexit Party are self-explanatory, UKIP likewise, so a lack of PR from LD & Greens may cost them votes to Labour largely. Greens in particular have a momentum going at present, built up in no small way due to climate and environmental issues in the news, it's a shame they don't shout a bit louder and put themselves out there more, especially with regards to the EU.
We only had Brexit Party and UKIP through our letterbox too. UKIP bloke even wanted a doorstep chat though he retreated after I gave him a bog-eyed stare through the window for a number of minutes.

I think I definitely talked to some green party canvassers (they were certainly under the remain banner) at our local spring market but that was about a month ago. I've not really encountered any grassroots coverage aside from that.

By Arrowhead
youngian wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am
Overall turnout is reported to be about the same as 2014 nationally but is down in Leave areas and up by as much as 5% in Remain areas. Brxt Party still first, Lib Dems a good second but who will take third place?
The final Survation Euro elections poll has Labour beating the LD's by >10%, which I find highly unlikely.
Last edited by Arrowhead on Fri May 24, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Up to two million EU citizens living in the UK could have been denied the chance to vote in the European elections because of councils’ failure to register them in time, a campaign group warned on Thursday
If true, how can it not invalidate the election outcome?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... e-euro/the

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Up to two million EU citizens living in the UK could have been denied the chance to vote in the European elections because of councils’ failure to register them in time, a campaign group warned on Thursday
If true, how can it not invalidate the election outcome?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... e-euro/the

Public Inquiry? I want proper trials. In a court. With a judge.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Not posting this as an endorsement of the theory, just as an update on the story we were discussing earlier:

Remainers claim army veteran 'faked milkshake attack with Tesco CHERRY YOGHURT' prompting ex-detective behind 7/7 probe to point out nearest store selling range is a mile away
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... teran.html

By bluebellnutter
A mile??? Well that settles it. Nobody would ever travel that sort of distance for any reason.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 am
Not posting this as an endorsement of the theory, just as an update on the story we were discussing earlier:

Remainers claim army veteran 'faked milkshake attack with Tesco CHERRY YOGHURT' prompting ex-detective behind 7/7 probe to point out nearest store selling range is a mile away
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... teran.html

A whole mile eh?
Just wait till Henry Ford hears about this.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am
A mile??? Well that settles it. Nobody would ever travel that sort of distance for any reason.
I may have mentioned this before, but I have had people tell me I must be mad, or super fit, or both, because I cycle the WHOLE MILE (!!!!1!) to the pub. :roll:

It takes <5 minutes.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1186748275686[…]

Hammond has got reselected anyway. Same with Ann[…]

@Timbo gonnae pm me the creds?

Richard Littlejohn

:lol: